Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Are women happier now?

Helenw5

Helenw5

Mexico

Hello everybody,

I was just wondering whether people think that women in their country are happier now than the women of your grandmother´s generation?

04:10 PM Jan 14 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Sawdestination

Mexico

I don´t think women are happier now than in the past. In fact, women actually are worried about many things: Job, their kids, their image, money… so many things that our culture is showing by media, internet, news… so I think every woman suffers stress, pressure that their grandmothers didn´t suffer (because only they were worried about their houses).

It´s ok women have now a world of possibilities to do whatever they want, but they have to accept the responsabilities for experiment it.

But remember that you don´t need to be rich or get a status that society show us, happiness depends of you.

11:12 PM May 14 2008 |

aljensen

aljensen

United States

My grandmother told me stories of growing up on a farm, and hearing her mother (my great-grandmother) give birth – she screamed and screamed for an entire day. But when my grandmother gave birth, she gave birth in a hospital and there were pain killers, and my mother as well.

As for the other things, i cannot say – but as far as childbirth goes, certainly it is better to be a woman these days. 

05:28 AM May 15 2008 |