Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

marriage for money

ponka

ponka

Ukraine

Hi! Nowdays a lot of girls prefer to marry for money but not for love. Is it true? What is your attitude towards marriage for money? 

06:06 PM Jan 26 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

tinhappy

tinhappy

China

marry a good man won't break your herat

10:12 AM Jul 19 2008 |

wjxiahprince

China

I still dream for romance for marrige.Maybe marriage is a real fact to many people.but finding a good man is the most important!

11:10 AM Jul 19 2008 |

nancy.moore16

United States

I know..there are girls who prefer to marry a man if he is very rich

but that is not a right thing, money is something that might not be a permanent thing that one can have thru out a lifetime, i mean the same value

there  may be a lot of fluctuations in that, so when there are ups and downs does that mean that girl will not stay just for the reason that there is no money with her man ?

i would advice that money matters have to be discussed before marriage and must not marry just for money 

and i have some good tips adviced by my friend and you can also follow those here

http://www.habitchanger.com/

03:06 AM Sep 05 2009 |

nancy.moore16

United States

I dont think money has to matter when you are marrying

don't have to marry only for money

http://www.habitchanger.com/

03:08 AM Sep 05 2009 |

Jack_240

Jack_240

Saudi Arabia

Love & supporting the husband/wife is 100% more important than marrying someone for his/her money. 

it's not just supporting with money, no i didn't mean that. supporting ur husband/wife when she/he is in trouble is more important than the money. 

i hate those kinda people who think like that. they really disgust me.

07:39 AM Sep 05 2009 |

Saladeen

Saladeen

Pakistan

whats the difference b/w marriage for love and marriage for money?

If love is on the basis of facial components and its mutual attraction than i think it is quite equal commodity like money.

Love is a bit tricky word, can you define what you really mean by marriage for love? Maybe i get better answer to love explanation.  

Most of our day to day interactions are pure transactions if you look deeply. 

A person having lovely facial is not into beauty of face of his partner but more into his/her high standard of living, another person having high standard of living and don't have beautiful appearance but appreciate  beauty and barter his/her high standard of living for beauty. Now if both of them pretend that they are in love but to deep of the core it is transaction and the difference of leverage create the environment of love. So, is it a love? if not that what is than love actually means.

Yes there are few examples of unconditional love but most of them belongs to philanthropists, social workers and few political and religious leaders but almost none from marriages.

The character like Romeo and Juliet, Anthony and Cleopatra and etc etc are good for fiction category but not for our day to day lives.  

08:04 AM Sep 05 2009 |