Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

How to help friends quit the online game lure?

mdhui2001

China

I'm not sue the title is right or not, but what I want to say is how to help friends quit the online game?

Nowsdays, many teenages are crazy on online game, they even lost sleep and food.

It's time to do some action to help them out of game daydraming!

Could you write down your words to help them?

Very glad to talk about this topic via skype: mdhui2001 

01:53 PM Sep 23 2006 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

sherryleio

sherryleio

China

well it's kinda tough…since my son is also one member of this team :-(, he is 14 years, and he spends most of his spare time on playing video game…he is a not bad student, I meant he can finish his homework, and get high grades in school, just I think he can have been greater…Nowadays, it is almost impossible to ask teens to be completely away from the games, it would make them feel NOT COOL among their peers…the children are easily influenced by their peers, so what we can do is to help them to reduce the game time, and not so addicated to the games…

It needs time to have some good habits…my son likes playing basketball, so I asked him to get up early on one saturday (he used to sleep till 11:00am), went to the nearby park, there is one basket field there…i did my normal morning exercise somewhere in the park, and he played the basketball with a couple of friends in the field…and now playing basketball is already one part of his weekend life.

Since teens do not have good control of themselves, sometimes neither adults..so if they can find something more interesting, then they would not be so addicted to the crazy games…well, just my personal experience.

Have a nice weekend…

03:58 AM Sep 24 2006 |

rocky219

rocky219

Canada

Sherruleio is right. Helping your friends quit online gaming is a tough job. Probably, you may start helping them by thinking of ways how to divert their attention. Talk to them nicely about the disadvantages of online gaming, i.e. it will ruin their studies, health and future. You see, letting them quit cannot be done overnight. You may approach each one of them separately because it is possible that they have different levels of addiction and mind control.

Good luck! 

02:43 AM Sep 26 2006 |

NONO

China

Right ,I think we student ,not just some boys ,girls including,play computer games.As we all know  it sometimes birngs good to us .but most of the time it is  not a good thing to play games .I myself is a student ,just 16 days before  I become a  member of ZHEJIANGCAIJINGXUEYUAN . Yes  ,here are many boys play vdio games ,just as one of my friend. In my opinion ,the most important thing is  help them to  set up a good target.I mean we chould do something to hlep them ,maybe do some meanful things ,such as let them know game is not the whole ,and there are many colourful things in our daily life .we also can take them to go to the rural places ,to let them know ,there are many people who just live a  poor lives.     

03:22 AM Sep 26 2006 |

sherryleio

sherryleio

China

Hey Hyuny, I guess I need to show the message you posted just now to my son…just like you, he is still crazy about online games though he is good with his study, and when I asked him what kind of career he would choose for future, his answer is prefessional game programmer, or 3D Animation Artist…I said, game programmer is not just playing games all day, and to be 3D Animation Artist, you also have lots of stuff to learn…

Thanks alot…take care, be well. 

06:56 AM Sep 26 2006 |