Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Do u have any Question about Islam???

naddito

naddito

Saudi Arabia

Iam a muslim and so proud to be so

and i see its the most suffecient relighon

so, if  u have any question about Islam, im ready to answer?

07:10 PM Feb 08 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

monatta

monatta

Saudi Arabia

hakimi

if you hate to  read about islam just ignore  any subject like this one .this is the second time you reply in away that doesn't show any respect to islam  as if you hate it .

08:22 PM Feb 08 2008 |

naddito

naddito

Saudi Arabia

hi hakimi and monatta

thanks for all but first hakimi , i didnt mean u muslim with this question ,

i meant people who doesnt know anything about islam and they r eager to know

and they may have any suspitions .concerning the numbers of the words of men and women , u can google it

and to u mona thank u so much for ur replying to my topic , we can cooperate together and do something good

09:15 AM Feb 09 2008 |

naddito

naddito

Saudi Arabia

ok hakimi

its ok now , any way thank u so much 4 replying

12:11 PM Feb 10 2008 |

naddito

naddito

Saudi Arabia

by the way men and women are mentioned equally in the Holy Quran

they 24 times which shows they r equal in Allah's (God's) eyes not like what some say that there is no justice or equality betweeen them

12:35 PM Feb 10 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Many people who know little of the history of Islam have heard of the split between the Sunni and Shia branches, but little of the real difference in belief.

(I would guess that those who are not Christian would know as little about the split between Catholic and Protestant) 

Can you explain a little about the differences in belief and why there seems to be so much animosity and hatred in some areas between Sunni and Shia beleivers?

thanks

01:56 PM Feb 10 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Thanks for your reply, Hakimi.

I do understand that there have been periods of cooperation between the two sects, but I find it hard to believe that all was peaceful and harmonious before 2003.

02:28 PM Feb 10 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Do you think that discrimination by one group against the other, harsh treatment or  violence between Sunni and Shia in Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, and Syria, for example is also only recent and caused by the US?

03:22 PM Feb 10 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

I disagree that sectarian violence is/was created by the USA. I think it's something that has been around since the death of your Muhammad. In Iraq it only seems that the Shia majority had the ability and means to strike back at what they saw as oppression by the Sunni minority once Saddam was ousted.

It's very possible that this was encouraged directly or indirectly by the US or its military, but the seeds were certainly there for a long time. Promoting such violence now would seem to be counter-productive to helping Iraq become stable.

My original question remains—why the schism? What are the origins of the differences and the sometimes violence between the two groups? 

05:00 PM Feb 10 2008 |

monatta

monatta

Saudi Arabia

All the Muslims agree that Allah is One, Muhammad (PBUH&HF) is His
last Prophet, the Quran is His last Book for mankind, and that one day
Allah will resurrect all human beings, and they will be questioned
about their beliefs and actions. 

however, Ali is the central figure at the origin of the Shia / Sunni split which occurred in the decades immediately following the death of the Prophet in 632. Sunnis regard Ali as the fourth and last of the "rightly guided caliphs" (successors to Mohammed (pbuh)  as leader of the Muslims) following on from Abu Bakr , Umar and Uthman . Shias feel that Ali should have been the first caliph and that the caliphate should pass down only to direct descendants of Mohammed (pbuh) via Ali and Fatima, They often refer to themselves as ahl al bayt or "people of the house" [of the prophet].

It is important to remember that despite  of the differences , Shia and Sunni Muslims share the main articles of Islamic belief and are considered by most to be brethren in faith. In fact, most Muslims do not distinguish themselves by claiming membership in any particular group, but prefer to call themselves simply, "Muslims."

07:31 PM Feb 10 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Thank you for that information, monatta.

08:54 PM Feb 10 2008 |