Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Do you believe that ghosts exist in our world ???

Minh

Viet Nam

Hi, all members here!

Although I'm quite adult (26 years old) and sometimes I was please, healthy but sometimes I got goose-pimples standing alone in the dark and feeling not sure,  I've never found out the reasonable scientific evidences which affirmed that ghosts exist in our world or do not. Since I was a very young I've hear and read, watch many stories, films, documents about ghosts but I've never seen a ghost indeed. But I'm not sure if ghosts are existent.

Have you ever seen a ghost? Do you believe that ghosts are existent in our world? Please tell me about your experience and your thoughts about ghosts.

Thank you!

Have fun! Tongue out

09:52 AM Oct 03 2006 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

zars

zars

Mexico

I ceirtainly believe in ghosts, I actually have seen some of them, I think they are still here because they don't know they're dead or maybe they have to finish something they couldn't when being alive.

Nobody really knows if they exist or not, but there always are histories about them so I guess we will never know….

04:03 PM Oct 10 2006 |

aljensen

aljensen

United States

My friend saw a ghost once. He grew up in Massachusetts, the older part of the country. The house he lived in was built in the middle of the 19th century. Apparently, after he told his mother he saw a ghost, she went to the library and did some research. She found out that a woman had died there during childbirth in the 1890s.

04:21 PM May 06 2008 |

hekmer

hekmer

Saudi Arabia

ASK THE MAGICIANS ALSO, PLEASE .

THEN, THE CREATOR HAVE BEEN CRATING WHICH WE NEVER KNOW IT .

06:50 PM May 06 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

No, I've never seen a ghost or ever thought there could be anything like that.

Those who claim they exist have never been able to demonstrate any credible evidence for them existing nor provide any credible explanation for HOW they could exist.

I find it a little amusing that someone could express certainty that ghosts don't exist, but also express belief in satan (or god, evil spirits, genies, or anything similar) 

10:24 PM May 06 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

by "fay" do you mean "fairy"?

I don't believe in those either, but if you have some way to demonstrate they exist, I'll be sure to listen.  

02:16 AM May 07 2008 |

aileench

aileench

China

I don't believe it because so far I haven't seen one.

Maybe I'll believe it when I seeing one?Tongue out

But I like movies and stories concerning ghosts…

02:52 AM May 07 2008 |

Justy

Justy

China

The scientist say there are no ghost in the world.But in some places and some times you must believe it a little,even the ghost not exist.

03:36 AM May 07 2008 |

Zach

Zach

Indonesia

before now, I was included as a man who did not believe for. till since December 4th 1994, I was, with my four friends climbed mountain named Lawu Mountain (East Java, 3265metres). we got lose the way for 5 days there. at 2nd day, we, together in five, saw figure like bundle/dead body. not in one or tens, but hundreds. we saw from 11.30 pm till 03.00 am. after that situation, my girlfriend that include in team (now my wife), sworn to do not climb mountain anymore. believe or not, even I don't wanna believe but it was true.

09:18 AM May 07 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

I believe we’d better ask this to Ghost Buster team.we could force them to interrogate their inmate,wether they exist or not. : D anyway I’ve never seen one before,I hope I won’t. : D.but I’d witnessed one of family was being possesed by smthing as so called spirit.she uttered smthing that we couldn’t understand.and her sound had changed into someone’s voice.and I think it’s really a very spooky moment for me..

09:50 AM May 07 2008 |

aileench

aileench

China

woww! Im so surprised that so many of you have seen the ghosts..I really admire you guys..Cool

It's really interesting to see your comments about ghosts. It's pity I haven't seen one yet, but I wish to see one, coz Im just so curious about it. By the way, did anyone talk to the gosts? what's the feeling?Laughing 

Forgive me, Im just too curious..Innocent

10:28 AM May 07 2008 |