Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Keep away from man...

devindernagpal

India

Friends,

in islam woman has to cover her face & her whole body in order to keep away from males other than their husbands & relative… so naturally they don't have right to talk with any of other man… but here on this site there are so many mouslim women… how they are authorised to express their views before males of other religions… I couldn't understand..kindly help me…

07:16 PM Mar 04 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

nichol147

nichol147

Malaysia

in malaysia,we have many religation,islams,christians,budhha…ect

i thing,islam women is very manner personality

07:10 PM Apr 06 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

Dear Blakerieger,

I agree to your staements,really it is very difficult to  so called religious persons who's mind are filled with lot of dogmas,who faiths are blind.All of them close their eyes to  see reality.This earth has really become a hell,I feel that religion creators knew it before hand that's why they gave the idea of searching heaven after death . what do you feel ?

01:45 AM Apr 07 2008 |

Zach

Zach

Indonesia

apart from it's obligatory for moslems women, I think it's moslem culture that different with another. we must bear mutual respect  for it. what for the women of moslems use a dress covered almost all body, it’s not subject for debate. may be is right that it is many dogmas around it, but it’s sure not blind. they do that must be do, and I sure there is a tenet they believed. we can see them all in their activity in society, and you could give a value them, without debating how they make a dress. better we do self correction.

08:12 AM Apr 07 2008 |

bar86

bar86

Spain

Surprised why do you think muslim girls have to wear the hijab?? its to interact with all the society and to be treated as a person firstly not a woman , we can´t isolate women from men, and its for that in islam men and women have dress rules, to not exhibit their beauty (phisically). like that we will treat each other as a people only, not as men or as women.

the phisically atraction is only permitted when you want to be looked as a woman, and in islam only with their husbands.

i hope you will understand that i wanted to say because my english is very poor. Embarassed

09:46 AM Apr 07 2008 |

monatta

monatta

Saudi Arabia

will said bar 86   .. your idea is clear

woman can appear his beauty among other women as she like ,  you have no idea how much saudi women are elegant ,  they care about  fasions and make up , but only women can see that .

what man can see is only this :

islam do not order us to cover the face ,nor wearing black , it is the customs ,

12:07 PM Apr 07 2008 |

Jane Doe

Jane Doe

Indonesia

Blake, can I say "I used to be one" to Monatta?Wink

ok Monatta, I used to be one. but I like my situation better now.. 

06:46 PM Apr 07 2008 |

spontan

spontan

Germany

blakerieger

i am woundering that in United States are people who read Karl Marx philosophy.for me is it soulless and the ideology failed….look to the communistic system  in russia.At first i thought you have done a lot of work to create your dogmatic Blakerieger atheism… but it seemed so, that the work has done Karl Marx.

Marx

The quote, in context, reads as follows:

Religion is, indeed, the self-consciousness and self-esteem of man who has either not yet won through to himself, or has already lost himself again. But man is no abstract being squatting outside the world. Man is the world of man—state, society. This state and this society produce religion, which is an inverted consciousness of the world, because they are an inverted world. Religion is the general theory of this world, its encyclopedic compendium, its logic in popular form, its spiritual point d'honneur, its enthusiasm, its moral sanction, its solemn complement, and its universal basis of consolation and justification. It is the fantastic realization of the human essence since the human essence has not acquired any true reality. The struggle against religion is, therefore, indirectly the struggle against that world whose spiritual aroma is religion.
Religious suffering is, at one and the same time, the expression of real suffering and a protest against real suffering. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people [Emphasis added]
The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is the demand for their real happiness. To call on them to give up their illusions about their condition is to call on them to give up a condition that requires illusions. The criticism of religion is, therefore, in embryo, the criticism of that vale of tears of which religion is the halo.

11:34 PM Apr 07 2008 |