Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

please!!!!!!!!!!! your share is important to us. what do you think of islam??????

sunnygirl_only

Egypt

alot of people hear about islam religion, some things are good or bad, but you…

what you know about islam and what you think about it? and what you like to ask for adding to your knowelge?

11:13 PM Mar 08 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

ttr100

ttr100

North Korea

I don't know much about Islam.

I think most religions are good for they aim the happiness of human being.

Islam, too, aims the happiness of human being.

Although we can judge some muslims and Christians committed Terror, we can not judge religion at all.

If some people believe that they are destined to kill others accoring to God's calling, absoultey they are misunderstanding and not their religion is misunderstaning.

the religion, Islam, is good.

So we should re-think this 'Islam = Terrorist'.

02:51 PM Mar 09 2008 |

rooia

rooia

Iraq

HI all…u r all right mr ttr100 and blitz…yaa we can not judge people bilndly ..

we canot apply a bad muslims habbit to all muslims..

Islam comes from peace…

06:29 AM Mar 10 2008 |

ttr100

ttr100

North Korea

What I meant is that all religions are originally good.

For example, Christianity is based on Love, Islam is based on Peace, and Buddhist is based on Mercy.

I am sure that the other religions are based on something good for human society and universe.  

But in fact, many people committed killing others in the name of God. For example, in the Meddle ages, Christians ignored other religions and tried to convince them to be Christian.

Even they fought against people believed other religions, especially Islam. In the present, some of Muslims and Christians still do something against each other in the name of God.  

But I can see that they abuse the name, God, in order to achieve what they really want; religious stability, maintaining political power, and wealth.  

Again, all the religion in the world is basically good and beautiful.

The problem is those who do harm what the religions teach us to do for others, for neighbors, and for the world, for they misunderstood that God asks them to kill in the name of God.  

The Koran, the holy book, tells Muslim to fight against Evil, not human beings.

Jesus tells us to fight against evil, not human beings.   

We are not in the Meddle ages any more. We are in the present where there are morality and human value, as well as common justice.  

If a religion teaches me to kill others or do terror in the name of God, I will fight against the religion, even if Christianity asks me to do that, I will fight against Christianity, even though I am a Christian.

08:07 AM Mar 10 2008 |

sunnygirl_only

Egypt

thanks all, you are right tr100, most people say terrorest =islam, but i dont think so i am muslim and my religion not ask muslims to kill innocent people. and my religion forbidden killing. i think terrorist have no religion because no eligion invite to blood and spread inhumanity betwwen people.

so terrorist# islam or christianity or any other religion.

04:10 PM Mar 10 2008 |

sunnygirl_only

Egypt

thank s plitzkrieq, and i will tell you a little about your question,

Islam began as a mission Prophet peace be upon him,when got him Jibril inspired by God in Mecca in the Arabian Peninsula and was on Monday in the month of Ramadan at the age of forty  of the Prophet Mohammed "peace be upon him" befor thirteen years of desertion to the city (the start islamic date), and history AD Mission has occurred in almost 608 or 609 AD.

and Salman Persian (one of the companions of prophet mohamed) told that, "between prophet MOhammed peace be upon him, and jesues peace be upon him was six hundered years". 

and about islam beliefs it is  inviting to mercy between people, spread peace and respecting other religion. it is invite although to help poor people by charity.

islam appear along centuries ago, when people were prays for idols, and men treat woman as askivvy, and it forbidden all that and invite people for praying to allah. and men treat woman as a queen share his husband in every thing and live with him a generous and dignified life and exchange love and bounteous together. and it forbidden sex before marriage because it is insulting thing for a woman because man will look for her in this moment as only beautiful body then he will leave her, but in the marriage he will respect her because she will be his wife.   also invite both of husband and wife be faithful to other and forbidden betray between them and consider it great sin.

that was a few about islam you can ask any thing you like, i like to share other with opinionSmile

05:08 PM Mar 10 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

I think of Islam like I think of all man made religions. Built on fear and superstition responsible for the retardation of progress. 

The reason so many people equate islam with terrorism is that a great number of terrorists perform their acts in the name of allah and some other muslims praise, encourage, or finance their actions. 

12:07 AM Mar 15 2008 |

sunnygirl_only

Egypt

gkisseberth, you wrote

"The reason so many people equate islam with terrorism is that a great number of terrorists perform their acts in the name of allah and some other muslims praise, encourage, or finance their actions". 

what is your proof to say that terrorism are muslims, or  some other muslims praise, encourage, or finance their actions.  i am muslim and i underestand my religion good and islam forbidden kill and murder. and why this terrorism not christian or jews or any religion else or athiests.  why we always try to add terrorist to religions and religions are innocent of all this violence.

if terrorism are muslims why then they commit their violence in islamic countries and murder people there why then they are not do that only in people who have other religion.

in my concept terrorists have no religion because no religion ask to blood. problem not in terrorist, proplem in people who repeat words and dont underestand its meaning or have no proof about it.

i think no one can encourage this terrorists actions although his religion because we are all human in the end, and human nature refuse that.

08:07 PM Mar 15 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Sunnygirl, it is the terrorists own words that is the proof. Lets take the most famous terrorist on the planet now. Osama bin Laden claims to be muslim. He got support and still gets support from the Taliban, who claim to be muslim. He receives financial support from individuals and groups who claim to be muslim. 

When Al-Queda killed almost 3000 people in New York, Pennsylvania and Virginia, muslim Palestinians danced in the street in celebration. 

recently the state controlled newspaper in Palestine published a photo of the murderer of 8 students at a yeshiva in Israel and praised him as a martyr.

Iran supplies weapons, money, training and intelligence to Hezbollah and Hamas.

Now, if you want to say that all of these people, groups and governments are not REAL muslims becasuse they commit acts of terror, support terrorists or encourage them, then that's fine. I agree, they are not good muslims.

It would be nice if the rest of the muslim community would do what it can to rid the world of this evil.

I'm proud that my country is doing it's part.  

11:49 PM Mar 15 2008 |

sunnygirl_only

Egypt

dear kanaobi,

i am not protested gkissberth opinion, it is up to any one to say his opinion and up to me also to aanswer with my opinion, i think all here to express about opinion and feeling without any restriction and in end we respect other opinion too.

may be am with your opinion in, "I do think Islam is a good religion. the problem is, just like any religions, there are many people that don't understand their own religion and do things that forbid by the religion (in this case, Islam)" but i just add to that terrorists have no religion because we can't accuse relegion which invite to mercy by this violence. even though this terrorists commit their violence by the name of religion, i think it is a trial to defame it regardless of who encourage them.

and really i did not mean in my topic talking about terrorism it was not my point but i mean to talk about question in my religions or customes, may i clear that again in my addressSmile

06:30 PM Mar 16 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Sunnygirl. I will try to understand your opinion.

Even though some terrorists claim to be good muslims and acting in accordance with god's will and commands, and even though those who support and encourge them also claim to be good muslims, you believe that they are not?

06:43 PM Mar 16 2008 |