Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Olympic games2008 One world, one dream, but WHAT ABOUT TIBET??????!!!!!!!

Ono

Ono

Hungary

The Chinese authorities are locking up as many Tibetan protesters as possible in different jails. Many of them are detained in a jail behind the Potala Palace and four other prisons in the Lhasa area. The Tibetan protestors were locked in all these jail like animals. When we contacted them this morning, no killing was reported—this could be due to international pressure. It is difficult to give an exact figure for a death toll, but if we total up the deaths from different information, more than 100 Tibetans were killed. As of Saturday morning, the Chinese authorities are imposing martial law and arresting and detaining any Tibetan who comes out in the street and dumping them in JAIL.

subsribe on:http://www.supportteamtibet.org/
visit for further information: www.studentsforafreetibet.org

Those who had alreadíy seen the 7 years in Tibet, or those who know something about the budhism, or about that peaceful contry can really feel with Tibet. They are under oppression since 1959. When China occupied Lhasa the world was dumb and deaf. They fear of that enourmous country…
But now, all eyes are on China becouse of the Olympic games. What’s your opinion of Tibet”s situation?
The slogan of the games is ONE WORLD ONE DREAM. —-considering the terror in Tibet isn’t it a dissembler?!
All over the world there are demonstrations, search on the internet, and go demonstrate for Tibet! If you don’t do that, you agree with China.

01:39 PM Mar 17 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Ono

Ono

Hungary

Those who had alreadíy seen the 7 years in Tibet, or those who know something about the budhism, or about that peaceful contry can really feel with Tibet. They are under oppression since 1959. When China occupied the world was dumb and deaf. They fear of that enourmous country…

But now, all eyes are on China becouse of the Olympic games. What's your opinion of Tibet"s situation?
The slogan of the games is ONE WORLD ONE DREAM. -considering the terror in Tibet isn't it a dissembler?!

All over the world there are demonstrations, search on the internet, and go demonstrate for Tibet! If you don't do that, you agree with China.

01:46 PM Mar 17 2008 |

Ono

Ono

Hungary

Those who had alreadíy seen the 7 years in Tibet, or those who know something about the budhism, or about that peaceful contry can really feel with Tibet. They are under oppression since 1959. When China occupied Lhasa the world was dumb and deaf. They fear of that enourmous country…

But now, all eyes are on China becouse of the Olympic games. What's your opinion of Tibet"s situation?
The slogan of the games is ONE WORLD ONE DREAM. -considering the terror in Tibet isn't it a dissembler?!

All over the world there are demonstrations, search on the internet, and go demonstrate for Tibet! If you don't do that, you agree with China.

01:47 PM Mar 17 2008 |

Ono

Ono

Hungary

One world…

04:55 PM Mar 17 2008 |

Ono

Ono

Hungary

Yes..ypo might be right…This forum id full of Muslims, who just think about their own problems. But it's natural. Everybody thinks their problems are much more important than the others.

11:39 AM Mar 18 2008 |

yiyepiaolan

China

oh no, I don't agree with you, if you're a chinese,you may  have diffrent opinons,think in a new way.Also,I admit that there are some proplems on tibet,but,don't worry,I beleive a bright future,governoment could solve it well.

12:05 PM Mar 18 2008 |

Ono

Ono

Hungary

BUT TIBET ISN'T A PART OF CHINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CHINA DON'T HAVE TO SOLVE ANY PROBLEMS THERE!!!!

12:07 PM Mar 18 2008 |

airsea123

China

you must remember that tibet is a part of china,i feel you should apologize for what you said .later pls dont so .

12:56 PM Mar 18 2008 |

kiko  zong

kiko zong

China

Yes ,Tibet ia a part of China.the future is beautiful

01:22 PM Mar 18 2008 |

Ono

Ono

Hungary

• Tibet is not a part of China. IT'S an independent country occupied by the red army. I won't apologize. The Chineese gouv have to apologize.

07:22 PM Mar 18 2008 |

aileench

aileench

China

HOHO~~~Chinese army occupied Tibet? how could that be! how could Chinese army invaded China?! again lol.

Who are Tibetant ? The answer is Tibetant are Chinese. Do you know that Tibetant are those who immigrated to Tibet serveral thousand years ago from other parts of China ?!

There are some people working hard to seperate Tibet from China not only for now but since QING dynasty (19th Century)! Did they ever succeed? The answer is NO!

Tibet is a part of China and is a part of China for more than 700 years!  

In 1904, British Foreign Secretary Lord Lansdowne sent out a formal instruction called Tibet "a province of the Chnese Empire"

In 1954, Indian Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru said"Over the past serveral hundred years, as far as I know, at no time has any foreign country denied China's sovereignty over Tibet."

In Lhasa, there's a Tang-Tubo Alliance Monument erected in 823 still stands in the square in front of the Jokhang Monastery, it reads:" The two sovereigns, uncle and nephew, having come to agreement that thire territories be united as one, have signed this thereto so that it may be praised from the generation to generation."

There's much more I want to say, but my time is limit…

At last: those who want to seperate china will not succeed. Tibetant, Chinese are all Chinese, we are big familly,  we will not seperate. we are proud of our multi-nationalities and Multi-culture.

Everybody loves her/his own country, though it's not perfect, but we love it. you can never criticise a country that you don't know it very well.  We have different cultures!!

03:04 AM Mar 19 2008 |