Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

company profit >>> to all employees!!!

afreedom_angel

United Arab Emirates

the company should be share the profits with all the employees not just senior managment!! do you agree or disagree and why?

lets discuss it :)

06:40 AM Mar 24 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

gkisseberth

Germany

Many companies do have profit-sharing schemes and I would venture that most find it to be an effective way of rewarding employees for their work. 

Do you think that employees should be required to give back some of their salaries or take a pay cut if the company is not profitable?

03:35 PM Mar 24 2008 |

afreedom_angel

United Arab Emirates

no they shouldn't… in fact I gree with you that they company should give a share from that profit and the quantity depending on how much the company got and how much employees work hard to develop their company and you know if companies do that employees will even work harder and will feel satisfied to do their work in the best that they can

thanks gkisseberth for saying your opinion :)

05:54 PM Mar 24 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

thanks for a great question…

We agree that profit sharing can be a great incentive, but do you think it's reasonable for a company to ask it's employees to take a pay cut or give up some benefits if the company is undergoing difficult times and is losing money. Perhaps the consequences would be loss of jobs if employees did not agree to this.  

06:09 PM Mar 24 2008 |

afreedom_angel

United Arab Emirates

No. I don't agree in cut money from the employees' salary … then why they give a  a share profit if they want to cut …. what if their salaries were low ?? that would be unfair at all!!^^

07:55 AM Mar 25 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Well, it just seems fair that if you are going to reward the employees if the company does well, then they should also be affected if the company does not do well.

If you were in the position of a worker and given a choice: You and all the other workers will take  a 20% cut in pay OR the company will have to fire 20% of it's workers in order to stay in business.  How would you vote, if given  a choice.?

10:04 AM Mar 25 2008 |

afreedom_angel

United Arab Emirates

if I have to choose between the two that you mension I will choose to cut the 20% in pay …

but if not ,, my action will be the thried choice:

to refuse both and as employees we will work togather and not allowed this to happen if they want to either they step back or fire us all .. and that simpossible becoz they need us and if they do they won't be able to find replace employees on the time, therefore they will lose more than they expect in just days without us , don't forget that we own the experince in here and new employees mean the same tragdy that maight happen alot like losing files, miaking mistakes and many others >>>> Dom't worry about me hahahahahaha I will work in school not a company :) .... but many thanks >> I liked your questions !!:)

05:44 PM Mar 28 2008 |