Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Why some countries have so much prejudice on China?

aileench

aileench

China

Can anybody tell me why? but please be honest…

China isn't doing best, but China is improving, developing and changing….

09:52 AM Mar 26 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

aileench

aileench

China

Hi guilaum, first thanks for your reply.

I feel sad that you know China just from the media. I think you must knew the fake news that some countries(Im sorry to say that your country is among them) has reported about china recent days and it had offended the whole china!

Yes, it is true, the chinese media is controlled, it is very annoying..but how about other countries media? don't you think they are not controlled? and look what those medias has reported recently. totaly fake news! When I saw that, I could say that I forgave the chinese media.

Human rights, yeah, that's the question worth to argue with. Some westners always thinks themself as the leader of global human rights. they want human rights according their standards. when there's riots some where, they immediately jump up and began to shout human rights, even they don't know what's really going on there. They cannot see the riots, they cannot see the injured people, what they see is only human rights. They forget one thing, different countries has different culture, they cannot judge a country by theire own standards. They think those people dont' have human rights, but have they researched? have they asked those people's opinion? When they propagandize human rights, they forgot human rights!

06:22 AM Mar 31 2008 |

aileench

aileench

China

Thanks oneaim, Chinese love you too!

The U.S. is running a "silent currency war" not only against China but to the rest of the world.

06:24 AM Mar 31 2008 |

luyis1004

luyis1004

Canada

my country is improving in china ,thanks your aegis 

07:04 AM Mar 31 2008 |

aljensen

aljensen

United States

Yeah I am not sure about any currency war being fought against China. The renminbi is tightly controlled by the Chinese government, and is actually pegged, as I understand it, to the dollar in order to encourage exports specifically to the US.

The fact of the matter is that countries, like people, have strong points as well as weak points. And just like people, countries like to hear how they are good, and not how they are bad. Everyone loves compliments, but few people like to be criticized.  

Aileench, in your posts you yourself have displayed what some people could consider a prejudice against the United States. Have you ever even been to the United States? It seems to me that if you are willing to criticize a foreign country, you should also be willing to accept that foreigners will criticize your country too. 

In the end, it's very easy to point out the flaws and mistakes of others, and very difficult to see and to accept the flaws in ourselves. This is not some secret propaganda war, it's just human nature.

07:38 AM Mar 31 2008 |

aileench

aileench

China

Hi markchina, good to see you again.

China human rights, you might visit here: http://www.chinahumanrights.org/

About the silent currency war , I don't know much about it, you can check through the internet.

Bye

09:55 AM Mar 31 2008 |

aileench

aileench

China

Hi Aljesen,

we don't mind they criticize china, but we don't welcome fake news. I know our gov has forbidden the foreign media to enter tibet during the riot, but that shouldn't be the reason to report fake news, right?

As you said, I have much prjudice against the western medias nowadays but not the people in USA, i know many people there are really kind.

I have never been to USA, but my aunt have been studied there. she have friends there, I often heard how kind they are from my aunt, I have met her american firends in China and they are really kind.

10:09 AM Mar 31 2008 |

paulinechou

China

I don't know why…

12:23 PM Mar 31 2008 |

aileench

aileench

China

aileench – Slow down! First you say that a silent currency war is going on, then you say you know little about it. Sounds like you messed up.

Ok,markchina, the currency war is going on and it has started since 2002.the exchange rate between RMB & USD are actually the currency wars between country & country. Im telling the truth that I really don’t know much about it.

As for criticisms of China, I can testify that Chinese people certainly DO mind when people (even Chinese people) criticise China! I mean, just look here on Ebaby! and at the Chinese reaction over Tibet.

Do you know why mind about the Tibet issue? Look over the Tibet topic, it’s not criticize anymore but intention to separate china, that’s why they’re mind. People don’t mind criticize china, even Chinese ourselves still have criticisms of China. But people mind to separate their territory as they are still love peace and their country . 

I've just been to the China Human rights website and I have a few comments.

1.  The Chinese government clearly states that Tibet is an internal issue. So why does China welcome comments from governments that support Beijing's stance and actions?

Well, as we claimed many many times, there’re still countries that misled by DL, we want to be understood that what we are doing is a good thing,we cannot let them to stand with terrorists and let our Tibet people have the miserable life again.

2.  The evidence of the Dalai Lama's involvement in the violence is based on the word of an unidentified individual. I'll need a bit a more than that.

An unidentified individual? It’s funny.. Ok, since what we said cannot believed by you. It’s better you find it out yourself, then you will believe.

3.  I quote fom the website: "When responding to another question asking him to comment on a report that the Lhasa riot might be backed by the United States Central Intelligence Agency (C.I.A.), Qin advised the journalist to check historical documents to look for the starters of the "Tibet independence"." The starters? I think the idea of Tibetan independence started way before the CIA was founded.

Well, so that’s what you think.

4.  (This point is not directly related to Tibet.) The protests in Canada. It appears that many of the demonstrators were Canadians. Interesting that they still refer to China as their homeland.

Why can’t? they’re from China, their homeland is in China, wherever they go their heart is in China(east or west, home is the best). That’s very normal thing.. I don’t know why it’s so strange to you.

12:45 PM Mar 31 2008 |

EuniceHo

EuniceHo

China

Actually most foreigners I met dnt have prejudice on China,they love China and enjoy the life in China.

12:47 PM Mar 31 2008 |

aileench

aileench

China

sorry I do not know how to control the size of those words..it may too big…

12:50 PM Mar 31 2008 |