Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Save Israel's Children

gkisseberth

Germany

Save Israel's Children   http://www.saveisraelschildren.com/ is an organization that is trying to help families with children in an Israeli town on the border with Gaza.  Below is from their website.    S'derot: The Challenge S'derot is a small town in the southern part of Israel. The people of S'derot live under constant attack from Arab bombs and missiles. They have been bombarded by over 4,000 missiles to date, causing widespread damage, injuries, trauma, and death. People are frightened, angry, frustrated, and feel hopeless. They are unable to keep up a normal work schedule; their friends and relatives are afraid to attend their simchas; the high schools are intermittently closed, and there is no explanation to give to their children of why they have to live this way.  Jewish Families Respond Jewish families throughout the United States and Canada are standing up to this challenge and opening their homes to the children of S'derot, and other towns subjected to bombings from Israel's enemies. They are offering the stability of a Jewish home, the opportunity to attend school without bomb threats, and a normal, healthy, community atmosphere with other children about. This website is a forum to make the "shidduch" (match), between families wanting to send their children abroad, and families who are willing to provide a temporary "home" for these children, with the understanding that the respective families will make their own arrangements in the best interests of the children, taking into consideration schooling, language, medical insurance, transportation, and communications with their families, etc.   Empower the People   This "people to people" initiative will be the first time this has been done since WWII, when Germany bombed London, and London's children were taken in by families in the countryside, and cared for, until the British defeated the Germans. Israel's government has been unable to bring a halt to this situation for years. It is the mission of this website, and its initiators, to empower people to help themselves. A PEOPLE TO PEOPLE INITIATIVE SAVE THE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL

10:23 PM Apr 05 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

gkisseberth

Germany

Does anyone know of a similar effort on behalf of Palestinian children? 

02:00 PM Apr 06 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

I see a lot of concern for Palestinians in my home country, even where I live. I also see a lot of concern from people in rich Arab countries as well. 

My impression is, however, that many with money who sympathize with the Palestinians would rather send money to Hamas, other terror groups or to political leaders than reaching out to help the children.

Surely there are good mulsim families in nearby countries who could take in some Palestinian child, give them a safe home, a good muslim education and time to grow up until there is peace? 

03:04 PM Apr 06 2008 |

rocknodrom

Turkey

hey world!

stop this nonsense…it s the palestinian children who needs protection not the israeli ones!do u know how many children are killed per day in gaza strip and cant u see isolation over gaza!

03:32 PM Apr 06 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

rock, do you think there are no Israeli children who are in danger, or indeed none who have been killed in this conflict?

Do you think that Jewish families that are trying to help Jewish children in southern Israel is nonsense? 

Do you think there are Turkish families who can take a Palestinian child into their home until it is safe to go back to their land? 

03:43 PM Apr 06 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

dignified,   why do you think there is less sympathy for the people of Palestine in Turkey than in the rest of the muslim world?

04:37 PM Apr 06 2008 |

hekmer

hekmer

Saudi Arabia

Oh, you  worry about them,really. A'DHUWAHERI with IBN LADEN like you. you will like Them, sure. They interrest with Isra'il's children as you do. but they not post any photos only by thier voice, but will you stay like them, or will you post that ?!

05:16 PM Apr 06 2008 |

hekmer

hekmer

Saudi Arabia

not only that ,

you must make your current government protect them as what It do with Iraq and palestine's childern and in Afghanistan, The All knows there are no more of CAMERAS to express your countery with kind humanity .

05:27 PM Apr 06 2008 |

hekmer

hekmer

Saudi Arabia

say that for jews to be start , then tell your counteries as fast , because OUR GOD learnd us that from the past .

06:19 PM Apr 06 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Hekmer, I really don't understand either of your posts.  Sorry.

06:47 PM Apr 06 2008 |

nichol147

nichol147

Malaysia

ERmm..i dont understand.Someone try to help me..

06:58 PM Apr 06 2008 |