Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

God Said Stop Praying!

othello1

othello1

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

What would you say if someone told you to stop praying? or if someone told you that God said stop praying?
God said unto Moses, Why are you crying out to me? Speak to the children of Israel and tell them to go forward.
God basically said, “Stop praying and get going.”
many people use pray as an excuse for not even trying. they want God to supernaturally fix a situation on their behalf without putting forth any effort themselves.
Why pray for the one on the street with no food when you have enough to feed them yourself?
Why pray for the lonely widow when you have time on your hand and can bring comfort to her?
what do you think about it? Is it because prayer is easier?

08:28 PM Apr 06 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

gkisseberth

Germany

I think prayer is indeed easier than actually doing something productive.  Prayer is the lazy way out. 

10:18 PM Apr 06 2008 |

monatta

monatta

Saudi Arabia

very important to think of  that  . thanks for this topic dear ,

acoording to me , I always remember this saying but I can not translate it in a god way , need a help please to translate this :

أبى الله إلا أن يجري الأمور بأسبابها

how can translate this

12:45 AM Apr 07 2008 |

jasmin77

Malaysia

sometimes people pray cause they can't do anything else.

01:53 PM Apr 07 2008 |

monatta

monatta

Saudi Arabia

yes , jasmin , you are right .

09:20 PM Apr 07 2008 |

Zach

Zach

Indonesia

(sorry guys, I only wanna share my experience related with this topic). I had ever at without praying occasion (atheist may be, but I just said that I had another god), might be I was at raving mad time, seeking era. and now I’m as a prayer (although not yet a good one, I’m still in process).  why I driven my life into current of me, and I always keep in prayer situation, simple, because I feel more comfort since I feel closer to GOD, swear, in the name of GOD. the world more open for me I think, and (thanks God) I have no in “want to suicide” area, frustration, blue, and drunk anymore. the amazing and the gift follow me everyday….so beautiful.  for my atheist friends, try that!

05:37 AM Apr 08 2008 |

Zach

Zach

Indonesia

yups, up to you mark, it's sharing only, and I state generally, not from muslim perspective (sure, you don't know my religion, and it's unnecessary I bring into forum).

06:22 AM Apr 08 2008 |

wpdsc

wpdsc

China

great minds think alike

06:25 AM Apr 08 2008 |

fenlaw

fenlaw

China

http://www.lwfree.cn/Article/lunwen/200803/416.html

06:30 AM Apr 08 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

I think praying is a part of our effort to achieve something. Just like a booster for you if you’re going to start doing what you’re up to. It’s a kinda stimulator for your mind.

04:20 PM Apr 08 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

Friends,

We want to be master of the God that's why we pray.We want to put our choice upon the God.It's very easy to pray we have nothing to do,just erquest to God what we want to be done.May be God doesn't like becoming his master so he said not pray & asked us to do what we consider right to do.

05:27 PM Apr 08 2008 |