Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

IS IT POSSIBLE TO REMOVE POVERTY FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH?

javamanju

javamanju

India

Poverty is the most important issue that is effecting the world right now. lack of education and poverty lead to brain washing of young people , which is the root cause of terrorism. so is it possible to eliminate poverty by education, or by any other means? share your thoughts

04:47 PM Apr 07 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Zach

Zach

Indonesia

why not? may be over optimistic, but it need more cohesive relationship intergroup, interracial, international as well. as our experience, better we make grouping the poor, such as making poor society in an area under one policy construction. we could support them with elucidation and support fund for revolving business. effective? depend on our spirit and ethos respective party.

05:22 AM Apr 08 2008 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

Multi party election?... In india it is one of the reasons of slower developement. A party withe single members make tons of money by supporting the govt. It leads to horse trading, which might bring down a good govt.

08:37 AM Apr 08 2008 |

LearnSmart

Venezuela

Education is the most important thing to reduce poverty.

Many peoples of the world suffer from this malady and that is why they never advance.  Therefore, it is up to the leaders  of the peoples to make a difference and help the poor not by giving money or food, but by teaching them.

Like the saying goes> give me a fish and I'll eat for a day… teach me to fish and I'll eat a lifetime!

---

Proud Student of Open English 

07:33 PM Apr 09 2008 |

CaN I CrY

CaN I CrY

Turkey

Education is

> Bread

> Water

> Money

> Power.. 

It is everything we need.. and i agree with you..

If we solve this problem the World will be better..

We shouldn't give medicine, bread, water, clothes, to countries that is poor and hunger..We should support build new schools, universities, labs.. ..

Then they really wont need us after have them.. Becoz they alreay will be enough for themself..Allah bless them and give our idiot politicians n bussinesmen a bit ''IQ''

In Turkey, there are a lot mosques in everywhere.. and to build a mosque is too expensive..

Really.. There are a lot mosques in place i live.. and their sounds mix each other when ''Ezan'' is calling.. ( convocation of pray )

So i dont know which mosque has this sound..

But believe me, We dont need a lot mosque to be  a muslim..

If you have a lot money, dont spend all them only for mosques..There are waiting schools, high schools, uni.s, labs, libraries .. ... ...

But when i say so > they call me athesit….

Ohhh.. What an enemy of islam i am!  but it only means being a bit wise for me.. a bit understanding…

Becoz ppl really dont need a bread, water, mosque, church to livee…..........

they need EDUCATION….

05:05 PM Mar 22 2009 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

Education is

> Bread

> Water

> Money

> Power..

Exactly,

What I am today is because of education.  If I could do it, any one can do it. 

05:12 PM Mar 22 2009 |

tommy_bel

tommy_bel

Russian Federation

Well, It`s a very good question, but..may be…without a short answer.

I`ve read recently about the so-called theories of The Golden Billion and theories of The Tittytaiment.

don`t you think , that some stratas just don`t want to remove powerty as a phenomenon from our planet just to keep the thing goin` the same way? It is much more easier to control the minds of a starving people just givin` them a fish, as our Venesuelan pas said! But if you have education, your own vision (that usually sleeps when you`re just starving) and your mind is free of food problem you`re out of control.

Just try ot recall some facts from the history of XX century. Nazy`s attracted a lot of people in their country to take weapon just because all these people were starving and tired of abject poverty. The same facts – in Russia (1917 revolution), China and so on.

If you`re controllin` the food,the alphabet and the entertaiment – you`te controlling the soul.

Unfortunately. That`s why this problem will not be solved in this century. But I hope, I`m not right.

10:22 PM Mar 22 2009 |

:-(

India

End of all types of exploitations, of man by a man, of a nation by a nation!?

Are u talking of anything else?

12:51 PM Mar 23 2009 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

Also could Govt control play an Important role?

look at China, they managed to reduce poverty drastically. India and china started of with eqaual number of poor, but today China has only 150 million poor, where as India still has over 400 million.  

03:40 PM Mar 23 2009 |

Nasim

Nasim

India

Actually dreaming is not bad. I often day dream about becoming India’s prime minister. Hmmm….Communism and commensalism

04:40 PM Mar 23 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

Whether it's completely possible or not, we should all try.

Western countries in Europe keep strong social welfare states to try and effectively combat poverty.

In the same way, the West gives out billions in foreign aid to foreign countries. But it's also up to poor countries to do their part by controlling their populations and having stable and responsible governments. An example would be Rwanda, which after the genocide in 1994, started actively to move the country forward.

The rest of Africa equally needs the help of the world to let its efforts bear fruit.

06:59 PM Mar 23 2009 |