Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

your favorite household chore(s)

Jane Doe

Jane Doe

Indonesia

Ok..so I should have been sleeping by now..I haven't sleep for about 2 days…

I was working on some Business Law papers..and really really tired but I didn't head to bed right away.

instead of hugging my huge comforting pillow I headed to bathroom..I actually wanted to get some hot shower but I ended up cleaning up my bathroom just because I found some tiny spot on my bathroom wall.

and yea I didn't stop..I cleaned the kitchen tooLaughing

I'm a clean freak if it's about Kitchen and bathroom..but I hate ironing..lol.

I was wondering if you guys have some favorite household chores and some least favorite?

ps: for the boys: no, sitting in front of your TV and drink some beer is not a chore trust me… 

06:23 AM Apr 09 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

pop272001

pop272001

Indonesia

wow….I think U're ready to be a good wife,Jane!!

washing plate and glass is the most fav…I can't let them put on the table for a long time…But I often get kind of warning from my bro or sis, just b'coz I took their glass/cup that is still used!! they look around to find it and I just smiled and said "your cup/glass is in the drawer…..Lol..

07:19 AM Apr 09 2008 |

Dissipator

Dissipator

Ukraine

no, sitting in front of your TV and drink some beer is not a chore trust me…

It isn't?? well, then I don't have any favorites…Wink

08:12 AM Apr 09 2008 |

alvin.liu

alvin.liu

China

Well!!!

i dislike dirty, and i find that i like to do some housework during the weekend, i like enjoying the happy temper when i see all the clean furniture.

cooking is better than washing all kinds of vegetables and bowls.

08:24 AM Apr 09 2008 |

Dissipator

Dissipator

Ukraine

Jane Doe: I'm a clean freak if it's about Kitchen and bathroom..
pop272001: washing plate and glass is the most fav…
alvin.liu: i dislike dirty, and i find that i like to do some housework during the weekend

How ya find that kitchen, gals? I guess you'd find much pleasure doing your favorite houshold chores there, eh? Wink

09:55 AM Apr 09 2008 |

Jane Doe

Jane Doe

Indonesia

LOL dignified..I don't know about that but I know some men can't survive without having their ladies keep the place sparkle and homey for them and keep the warm delicious food on the table when they're homeLaughing

find a man who lives with his woman, tell the girl to leave the house for a month and you'll find a scene just like what Dissipator had postedLaughing

LOL yes Pop I do that too….I usually gave a deep glare to those people that didn't eat at the dining room and bring their plates + glasses everywhere around the flat just because those stuff didn't stay where they used to be (dining room lol)

Alvin: yes I cook too but since I cook for myself I don't think it is a chore hehehe..I love cooking more because I know that I will get  a chance to clean up my kitchen after that.lol..

so what's yall least favorite household chores? 

02:12 PM Apr 09 2008 |

Dissipator

Dissipator

Ukraine

so what's yall least favorite household chores?

cooking Wink Laughing

08:08 AM Apr 10 2008 |

pop272001

pop272001

Indonesia

Dissipator , it's not 'cooking'..it's just 'boiling' and everybody can do that..even lazy people like U….Laughing

08:18 AM Apr 10 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

If cooking counts as a chore, then it would be my favorites. All the others can go on the least favorite list. 

I especially hate ironing, though.

10:03 AM Apr 10 2008 |

Jane Doe

Jane Doe

Indonesia

we're the same Greg..I hate ironing..I told my man that I take the "bathroom cleaner" role and I won't complain but he's the one who's ironing our clothes..

fair enough, don't you think?

Laughing

10:37 AM Apr 10 2008 |

Casiol

Casiol

Malaysia

well my fav one is ironing bwahahahahah  :D

i like to see my clothes to be very2 nice n tidy on my own… if my mum did it i will do it again ahahaaa :D especially my headscarf :p

hmm cooking, cleaning the kitchen, washing dishes,  i enjoy them all!!!

bwahahaahha ^^

but i hate washing clothes, whether it's by hand or using washing machine.. i just let my mum or bro do it :D n also sweeping… handling the broom which is 2 times taller than me is a bit hard for me to make the job done ahhahha :p i'll let my mum to do it Laughing

03:08 PM Apr 10 2008 |