Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

YouTube hosts unholy war

hano202

hano202

Saudi Arabia

YouTube hosts unholy war
April 10, 2008
Web User

Web User: Saudi blogger makes controversial anti-Chrsitian video A Saudi blogger has made an anti-Christianity video in a direct response to an equally controversial anti-Islamic video.

On Tuesday Web User reported on the decision by ISPs in Indonesia to block access to YouTube and MySpace because of a controversial anti-islamic video posted online.

The Saudi blogger's response, a six-minute movie, entitled Schism, takes verses from the Bible promoting violence, killing and war and intersperses them with provocative images. It is available to view on YouTube.

Schism is a direct response to Fitna, the Arabic word used for schism, a 17-minute film made by far-right Dutch lawmaker Geert Wilders.

Wilders' film is also available on YouTube but is restricted to viewers aged 18 and over. Indonesian authorities called on the country's ISPs to block sites that showed the film in a bid to deter violent protests.

Al-Saeed said that he made the film in a day and was motivated by Fitna's distorted view of Islam.

His film features handheld camera footage of American soldiers beating up unarmed Iraqi boys and passages from the Bible advocating murder.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=651691429584856936

There are numerous versions of the film available online as well as several parodies.

www.youtube.com

this information from http://www.webuser.co.uk/news/227078.html

what do u think??

03:49 AM Apr 12 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

mahdi mokhtari

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

I think we should mature. we All: muslim , jewish , christian , shia , sunnis ,... Otherwise war is inevitable.

06:03 AM Apr 12 2008 |

Jane Doe

Jane Doe

Indonesia

I agree with Mahdi.

I wonder why instead of using the movie as a tool to fight against all the radicals, people are being so childish by making this stuff..but off course, I don't think Christian on this movie will be as mad as some muslims when fitna movie was out on public. IMHOSmile

06:45 AM Apr 12 2008 |

hano202

hano202

Saudi Arabia

actually this movie is just reply for fitna so ,the childish who is start  this .. and about the (Christian)have to be mad as we (muslims),but they have to be mad more of the person who made" fitna" coz of course the muslims will not be quiet anymore for these jokes..

thanx Jane..

07:08 AM Apr 12 2008 |

hano202

hano202

Saudi Arabia

Hi Mark nice to meet u..

I think u always against me i don't know whyFrown..

however,am not with the people who kills other whether christians or muslims but as this movie hurts other religions the" fitna" hurts us because it's transform Islam from peace religion to bloody religion .  it's really hurts muslims who know what is real Islam . Our god said in holy book that "No compulsion in religion" so, any muslims do that is not follow god order..   but another hand, there is no reason to detriment of Islam by this movie..

thank u for comment..

(sorry if there is any mistakes)

08:48 AM Apr 12 2008 |

aljensen

aljensen

United States

The thing about the Internet is that it has basically introduced freedom of speech into the whole simultaneously.

06:04 PM Apr 13 2008 |

LearnSmart

Venezuela

I can't agree more with mahdi mokhtari!

Definitively we must mature! Be for real people!

-—-

Proud Student of Open English 

04:15 AM Apr 15 2008 |