Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

science.... vs .... Bible ......and ......Qur'an

monatta

monatta

Saudi Arabia

can science help us in our decision  ........  for who is intrested  . read the following :

THE BIBLE GETS COSMOLOGY COMPLETELY WRONG!  

Genesis 1:3-5 There was evening and morning one day. This statement indicates that the first thing created was the day and night. However, we know that day and night would come after the existence of the sun and through its rise and set. However, verse 14 from the same chapter indicates that the sun was created on the fourth day, God made two great lights, the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night. Genesis 1:11 states that vegetations, plants yielding seed, and fruit trees were created on the third day: But we know that vegetations and plants could not grow without sun, while Genesis 1:16 tells us that the sun was created on the fourth day. Moreover, Genesis Chapter 2 contradicts the first chapter. The first chapter has stated that vegetations and plants and the trees were created on the third day, before the creation of man, who was created on the sixth day; however, Genesis Chapter 2:5-9 tells us that man was created before vegetation and plants

Moreover, Genesis 1:14-19 describes the creation of the sun, moon and stars on the fourth day, after the creation of the earth on the third day. Our modern knowledge of the formation of the solar system does not allow us to state that the sun, moon, and stars came into being after the creation of the earth. Scientists tell us that stars eventually exploded and recondensed over numerous cycles, forming the heavy elements that LATER condensed into the earth.

VS

THE QURAN GETS COSMOLOGY COMPLETELY CORRECT!

THE BIG BANG CAME FIRST According to scientists, the big bang is how the universe began.

Quran 21:30 Do not those who disbelieve see that the heavens and the earth were joined together, but we have opened them. Translation M.H. Shakir, Yusaf Ali

THEN CAME A VAPOR/GAS THAT WAS DESTINED TO BE THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH DURING THIS OPEN STATE – Scientists tell us that after the big bang, plasma formed and later cooled to gases (helium and hydrogen).

Quran 41:11 Moreover, he directed himself to the heaven and it was a vapor. Yusaf Ali

THE CREATION OF THE HEAVENS: Scientists tell us that eventually, the gases condensed into stars.

Quran 41:12 So he ordained them seven heavens in two periods, and revealed in every heaven its affair; and We adorned the lower heaven with brilliant stars and made it to guard; that is the decree of the Mighty, the knowing. Translation M.H. Shakir

THE EXPANSION OF THE UNIVERSE
Scientists claim that the universe is expanding.

Quran 51:47 With power and skill did we construct the heaven: For it is we who expand the vastness of Space. -Translation Yusaf Ali, Maurice Bucaille

EARTH IS COMPLETED AFTER THE HEAVENS – Scientists tell us that stars eventually exploded and recondensed over numerous cycles, forming the heavy elements that LATER condensed into the earth.

Quran 79:27-30 Are you the harder to create or the heaven? He made it. He raised high its height, then put it into a right good state. And he made dark its night and brought out its light (i.e. stars). And the earth, he expanded it AFTER that. -Translation M.H. SHAKIR

SCIENCE 102) THE BIBLE SAYS THE EARTH IS FLAT!

Isaiah 11:12  
And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel , and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH. (KJV)

Revelation 7:1
And after these things I saw four angels standing on FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree. (RSV) 

Luke 4:5 The devil led him up to a high mountain and showed him in an instant all the kingdoms of the world. (NIV) Jesus is said to be capable of seeing all the Kingdoms of Earth from the top of a really tall place. Of course, this would be impossible if the Earth was spherical. Christopher Columbus almost suffered a mutiny in the 15th century because his crew feared falling over the edge of the Earth.

VS

THE QURAN SAYS THE EARTH IS ROUND!

Quran, 79:30: God created heaven, and after that he round shaped the earth. -Translation M.H. Shakir

The Arabic word being translated here Dahaha is translated as "expand;" however, it has another meaning in the Arabic language and that is round shaped or egg shaped.

SCIENCE 103) THE BIBLE SAYS THE SUN IS MOVING AROUND THE EARTH

"He set the earth on its foundations; it can never be moved.  (From the NIV Bible, Psalm 104:5)

"The sun rises and the sun sets, and hurries back to where it rises.  (From the NIV Bible, Ecclesiastes 1:5)

"And the sun stood still…So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day." (From the NIV Bible, Joshua 10:13 ) This verse reports that the sun stood still so Joshua could finish all of his killing before darkness came. This implies that the sun had to have been moving in the first place in order for it to in any way come to a stop

Then the prophet Isaiah called upon the Lord, and the Lord made the shadow go back the ten steps it had gone down on the stairway of Ahaz. (From the NIV Bible, 2 Kings 20:11 ) An equally ridiculous notion in the Bible is that the sun went backwards 10 degrees on the sundial one day – again implying that the sun moved, stopped, reversed, stopped, then proceeded forward again.

Not only does the Bible support a moving sun – it was simply common sense. Only a fool would look up at the sky and say that the sun did not move! These phenomena are simply due to Earth?s rotation and NOT by Sun?s rotation. Sun is stationary for Earth, because earth is stuck in the sun?s Gravity, like we are stuck in earth?s gravity. Does the bible ever mention that the earth or any other planet rotates, like the Quran does? The answer regrettably for Christians and Jews is no.

VS

THE QURAN SAYS THE EARTH IS ROTATING

Quran, 21:33

"It is He Who created the Night and the Day, and the sun and the moon: all (the celestial bodies) rotate (falak), each in their celestial spheres." Yusaf Ali, M.H. Shakir

The Arabic word "falak" used for planets and planets' movements in Verse 21:33 means rotation or movement. The Quran states that all celestial bodies including the earth rotate.?

this article is from this site :

http://www.why-christians-convert-to-islam.com

09:48 PM Apr 12 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

LearnSmart

Venezuela

Very interesting… although you should note that such comparisons are hardly polite and will surely not convince anyone other than yourselves!

-

Proud Student of Open English 

03:57 AM Apr 15 2008 |

spontan

spontan

Germany

<!- start content -><!-[CDATA[ if (window.showTocToggle) { var tocShowText = “show”; var tocHideText = “hide”; showTocToggle(); } //]]->

to birgül1 let you read us in the universe book from this guy?

Adnan Oktar, nom de plume Harun Yahya (a.k.a Adnan Hoca) (born Ankara, 1956), is a prominent figure in Turkish creationism and a fervent advocate of creationism in the creation-evolution controversy. He is considered by some to be the leading Muslim advocate of creationism[1]. He subscribes to Old Earth creationism.[2][3] He is against Zionism and Freemasonry and sees them as very interrelated movements, though he denounces anti-Semitism[4] and terrorism[5].Adnan founded the Science Research Foundation (SRF, or BAV in Turkish), whose stated objective is "to [establish]...peace, tranquility and love"[6]. , though the BAV is described in the media as "a secretive Islamic sect"[7] or a “cult-like organization, that jealously guards the secrets of its considerable wealth[8] The SRF has been accused of criminal activity[8] , though these charges were dropped.  Its accusers have, since then, appealed to a higher court.
Biography

Born in Ankara in 1956, Adnan Oktar lived there through his high-school years. In 1979, he moved to Istanbul to attend an interior-design course at Mimar Sinan University but left before graduation.

In the early 1980s, he gathered young students around him to share his views of Islam. According to his former mentor, Edip Yüksel, Adnan was attempting to “[mix] mysticism with scientific rhetoric”[9]. These students belonged to socially active and prominent families of Istanbul which had a high economic status[10]. From 1982 to 1984, a group of 20 to 30 was formed.

In 1986, Adnan Oktar published the book, Judaism and Freemasonry. The book suggests that the principal mission of Jews and Freemasons in Turkey was to erode the spiritual, religious, and moral values of the Turkish people and, thus, make them like animals, as stated in what Oktar refers to as the "Distorted Torah." [10] [11] Oktar asserts that "the materialist standpoint, evolution theory, anti-religious and immoral lifestyles were indoctrinated to the society as a whole" by Jews and Freemasons.[10]

Shortly after the publication of Judaism and Freemasonry, Adnan Oktar was arrested and imprisoned. He was transferred to Bakırköy Mental Hospital and placed under observation. After 19 months, Oktar was released.[12]

In 1990, he founded the Scientific Research Foundation (SRF, or, in Turkish, Bilim Araştırma Vakfı, or BAV), through which he still effectively functions. Members of the SRF are sometimes referred to as Adnan Hocacılar ("Adherents of Adnan the Hodja") by the public[13].

In 1995, he also founded Millî Değerleri Koruma Vakfı (Foundation for Protection of National Values), through which he networks with other traditional Islamist and nationalist organizations and individuals.

06:44 AM Apr 15 2008 |

birgül1

Turkey

TO SPONTAN:

THERE İS A SENTENCE N TURKISH:

IF YOU SAY ALWAYS TRUTHS, PEOPLE GONNA SAY TO YOU ''GO AHEAD'' CERTAINLY.

SOME PEOPLE DON T WANT PEAOPLE TI READ HIS IDEAS AND ARE DOING EVERTHING TO STOM HIM SHORTLY.

LOOK AT WHAT ARE WRITINGS IN WEB SITE, OF COURSE IF YOU WANT TO THINK AND USE YOUR MIND.

11:25 AM Apr 17 2008 |

Jane Doe

Jane Doe

Indonesia

(watching while eating some donuts)

06:18 PM Apr 17 2008 |

monatta

monatta

Saudi Arabia

cute jane .
I love to read your comment .you are funny
but
you make me think you are fat , because you keep saying that you eat while reading in this forum . are you overweight .
how is the keyboard ? does it still clean ?
just kidding .
by the way ,
what happened to smilyes ? no one here for use ? also the others tools , just vanished .

09:27 PM Apr 17 2008 |

Jane Doe

Jane Doe

Indonesia

you make me think you are fat , because you keep saying that you eat while reading in this forum . are you overweight

how is the keyboard ? does it still clean ?
just kidding .

good job girl, next time remind me to attack you personality and you personalySmile

I'm trying to play it clean to only attacking your way of thinking and never about you personally but apparently you don't deserve a nice service from me. oh well, you asked for it.  

oh, and try to put off your burkha, maybe that way you could see the smileys and tools. who knows, since your eyes covered by veils too. 

01:25 AM Apr 18 2008 |

monatta

monatta

Saudi Arabia

I was just kidding dear ,
why are you so sinsetive with me and always misunderstand .
but you know , you are so good in attacking ,and i helped you by giving you asubject (smileys and tools)
do not get upset very quick .ok , and to me it is the last kidding .
did you read how mark attacked me in another thread , you will laugh at me because again i gave him a subject

02:34 AM Apr 18 2008 |

pop272001

pop272001

Indonesia

Now…let me take some burgers first..and watching U all..Laughing

Ok…go ahead..Cool

02:49 AM Apr 18 2008 |

monatta

monatta

Saudi Arabia

popi ,
you are also funny and cute as jane ,
you both make me smile while reading your comment
tell me , please
why did tools vanish from the replay area in my computer . it seems that you do not have this problem .
can you guess or help ?

09:40 AM Apr 18 2008 |

Jane Doe

Jane Doe

Indonesia

lol Pop, I'll let you have some Super Supreme Pizza Laughing

Monatta: I thought you're a woman and I thought you know the ultimate rule about "not calling a woman fat even when she's not fat" if a woman respect another woman she would never "joking" about they're being fat especially when they're not close friends. apparently you didn't know the rule in girl world. 

but hey it's okay..now I'm the fat racist jewish…it's amazing how I can get a new nickname since I joined the site. 

it almost tempted me to post my pic lol but it doesn't worth it. 

09:46 AM Apr 18 2008 |