Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Half time - make a deep cut in your Life?

Tabetha

Tabetha

Germany

Hello,

so I guess, it is a question for the middle-aged.

Beeing 40 years or maybe 35, 50 – however. You have family, your children are grown up, you are settled in your job … Did you ever thought about changing your Life totally? To pass on your car, house, job – whatever is still important in your Life and start a new one? Maybe in another country, working for the Third World. Without any comfort you use to have?

I have to look, there is an irish or scottish Isle, searching for new habitants … Something like this?

Have a nice day all over the world.

02:33 PM Nov 24 2006 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

June.Zou

June.Zou

China

there are diffrent cultures in all over the world. in our country China, specially, "Family" is important concept from children to old, there is a idiom in China,

air plants, life plants. chinese have traditions thinking more or less.

03:15 PM Nov 24 2006 |

petz

petz

Italy

Hi I thougt about that but to do it is harder than you think.What is when it failed ?

03:19 PM Nov 24 2006 |

Tabetha

Tabetha

Germany

Hi Petz,

yes, it could fail. But – where is the guarantee that your present Life will go on without problems … You could loose job, wife, house – sorry, but this is reality for people all around the world every day …

But you are right – this is one point of view, to stay and live like used to live. (Das war jetzt aber eine typisch deutsche Antwort von Dir :- )).

Have a nice day all over the world – also in Germany :- )

03:48 PM Nov 24 2006 |

Jakub

Jakub

Ireland

Hi!
Tabetha, you came up with good idea! I've done it!
Greetings from the "Green island" ;-)

07:41 PM Dec 07 2006 |

echolee520

echolee520

China

Hey, I think it needs great courage, a choice is easy, just do or not . But before choosing, ask yourself first, am i ready for the result? If you possess, so please. If not, please try your best to protect your house, your job, your wife.

good day to all.

:-)

02:06 AM Apr 03 2007 |