Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

WHY DO ALL GOOD THINGS COME TO AN END?

Lover for Ever

Saudi Arabia

hi there everybody…

so Nelly Furtado said : " FLAMES TO DUST, LOVE TO FRIENDS, WHY DO ALL GOOD THINGS COME TO AN END ?"

so I decided to ask everyone about something good that came to an end?

tell me about something good happened to you and had ended? & WHY?

01:10 PM Apr 23 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

shamsgeury

shamsgeury

Saudi Arabia

I want to say that if the gooood things came to an end.Undecided

you must belife that it came to that, for a better and more wounderful reason you might not know it at that time , but time is guarntor to reveal it at the end.

04:36 PM Apr 23 2008 |

Lover for Ever

Saudi Arabia

after all that reason what makes us grab the good memories of these good things that we had… but pity that they came to an end….

thanx for sharing your thoughts shamsqeury!

wish you ever lasting good things that never end (:

04:54 PM Apr 23 2008 |

helen.xy

China

in my opinion, if the good thing never end, we cant regard it perfect.

flames to dust. if u read something about chinese culture,u will easily understand it..

04:59 PM Apr 23 2008 |

hekmer

hekmer

Saudi Arabia

تماسك ! لا لا تبكي أبدا

لست الوحـــيد وانطقها مدا

للجنب منك ألوف شتـــى

هاي أنت ,,هناك ياأنت

إياك أرى الدمع منك اهتدا

سمانا لو بالغيم امتلئت

والبحــــر يقابلها تحـتــــا

والأرض ضاقت بما رحبـت

فالكون يظل فضاك أراه , أولست؟

Try Not To Cry

littel one ,

you don't aware,

you wan't alone,

We will Stand By to You.

the clouds into the sky,

the sea is opposite by,

But hey,......

you are… there,

keep off your tear,

If earth will has a clear,

you still stand in open air, .

.....(first english part from sami yusuf' song at here, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQSuLBK64Lw ) .

my profile messege for all .

05:01 PM Apr 23 2008 |

Lover for Ever

Saudi Arabia

to helen: I totaly disagree with you … cos if the good things just end you will regret each & every second… but perhaps you could have some memories regarding them..

by the way I wish to read something Chinese so if you can just recommend something concerning your culture cos Its my pleasure to know about it…

07:01 PM Apr 23 2008 |

LearnSmart

Venezuela

good things only come to an end in appearance. But in reality they are eternal.

Bad things are limited.

One good deed and it lasts forever. Think about it and you'll see it's true.

---

Proud Student of Open English 

09:50 PM Apr 23 2008 |

Lian.Hanjin

China

巴山楚水凄凉地,二十三年弃置身。
怀旧空吟闻笛赋,到乡翻似烂柯人。
沉舟侧畔千帆过,病树前头万木春。
今日听君歌一曲,暂凭杯酒长精神。

I dedicate it to you, Lover.
But it's hard to translate it into english, so sorry.
Anyway, everything will be fine. Trust me! Smile

Best regards.

11:11 AM Apr 24 2008 |

chaskarmukund

India

Good things ends to give a Taste of bitter experiences. Good things ends to give a way to more New Good things. Good things ends to elevate yourself, to realise the importance of it. Good things ends for betterment. After all its God's wish.

03:40 AM Apr 26 2008 |

birgül1

Turkey

I like sentences below.

http://www.ayetulkubra.com/rnkdiller/eng/english_word.htm

"Since you have innumerable hopes and pains, know Iand limitless mercy await you. Since you have innumerable desires and aims, do not think of them and become disturbed. This world cannot contain them; the proper place for them is another realm, and the one who will grant them is one other than yourself."

Also, the reins of all those things that are hostile to you, from microbes to plagues, storms, famine and earthquakes, are in the hands of that All-Compassionate All-Wise One. Being All-Wise, He does nothing in vain. Being All-Compassionate, His mercy is superabundant. There is a form of grace and favour contained in everything He does."

The Qur'an also says, "This world is indeed ephemeral, nevertheless, it produces the necessities for an everlasting world. It is transient and fleeting, but it yields eternal fruits, and displays the manifestations of an Eternal Being's eternal Names. Its pleasures are indeed few and its pains many, but the favours of the All-Merciful and Compassionate One are everlasting and true pleasures. And as for the pains of this world, they, too, yield a sort of pleasure by reason of the reward to be had for enduring them.

03:58 PM Apr 27 2008 |