Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

My roommate was still a virgin untill she got married

lucybaby219

China

I live in China, although some girls here are very open and forward in the matter of love and sex, many still keep their virginity before marriage.

take my roommate for example, she has been in a solid relationship with her boyfriend for 5 years, it’s a love marathon, isn’t it~~ she is going to get married this July, when she’s on business travel, her caring boyfriend sends her text messages every day every hour, my roommate told me that she wanted to have a baby in the first year of their marriage, she loves children. For the well being of her up-coming baby, her boyfriend has quitted smoking and drinking even before the marriage!! And she took a jog every morning to keep healthy, do they go too far?

One night when we chatted , she told me she felt weird about lying in the same bed with her husband-to-be after they get married, then I asked “have you two had sex yet……..?” she shook her head and told me she was against “the premarital sex”, I was astonished, for one thing, I don’t like it she used the term “premarital sex” , sounds like something illegal, for another, they never have sex! And she already has this “baby plan”!! My god….is this world crazy or it’s just me ……..?

02:34 AM Apr 29 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Lin etual

Lin etual

Russian Federation

Hey, I don’t quite understand what astonished you so much. I also think that a girl must not have physical intimicy before marriage maybe i have too old-fashiond views or i’m still too young but i think it’s immoral!
I’ve got another example. My groupmate is pregnant, she’s only 17 and of course not married. Why do you think this is better?

03:45 AM Apr 29 2008 |

kiki

kiki

China

woo

about the sex ,everyone have different ideas

in china ,it's normle isn't it ?

so don't be so surprise about it

04:20 AM Apr 29 2008 |

aljensen

aljensen

United States

It's very romantic…. but… it is not something that I would do. That's just my opinion.

I don't think I could marry a girl who was a virgin. 

05:10 AM Apr 29 2008 |

azureop

azureop

South Korea

It's similar here, S.korea. Many people especially young have open mind about having sex with their sweet. And! Also many people still think that a having a bed together should not be allowed before marraige. and I'm agree with the latter. That's because first, I'am christian and the Bible says; and secondly, there are too many abortion with teens and young people including univ.stu. In my opinion that's resurt from not being educated about sex in school especially in here Korea. Right, it's not important how old a girl is. however at least she must be learned about sex and if one girl has a right to free, also have a duty to her baby.  :)

05:13 AM Apr 29 2008 |

lucybaby219

China

i am even more confused when i read you guys' responses…....love without sex for ….five years, that's not astonishing? i couldn't imagine that myself…..before you buy a car, you have to take it for a test drive! how do you if the guy fits you if you don't have sex with him? and you won't live happily after if the sex is not good…..

05:43 AM Apr 29 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

I’m not against premarital sex,but it’d be a great thing for women to keep her virginity until she get married..I think having sex before getting married would diminish our love to our love partner..it’s just an experiential study.. : )

07:59 AM Apr 29 2008 |

Jonwan

Jonwan

Saudi Arabia

I'm against sex before marriage not because my religion or culture  raised with such a  thought but because I strongly blieve in it. and I thuoght that  that countries such as china ,Japan , Malaysia, Korea are still sticked to the traditional cultural aspect of this issue (of course there are som exceptions) . 

08:36 AM Apr 29 2008 |

etery

etery

Finland

I agree with lucy. Me and my husband lived together for 2 years before marriage. We are happy now. But if someone decide to keep virgin until marriage it's nice. It's her own choice. I think man and woman should meet closely before they make such important decision as marriage. There is nothing bad in having sex before marriage if they love each other and want to have sex. But if it's unacceptable in your country I don't know what to say.

09:04 AM Apr 29 2008 |

Lin etual

Lin etual

Russian Federation

Nowadays when it’s common to live together before marriage the young just have no need to get married. Why? It’s very comfortable to have a constant partner and no responsibilities. I think that soon there will be no marriages at all. Isn’t it a stupid thing?

02:08 PM Apr 29 2008 |

monatta

monatta

Saudi Arabia

lucy  ,  

I think women is not like cars  .     

and if the sex is not good after marriage  ,  this problem can be easily solved through negotiation . 

every one tell his partner what he / she like or dislike .  not big problem . 

02:25 PM Apr 29 2008 |