Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

About 'HALAL'

devindernagpal

India

Friends,

I feel that halal is a qlma read at the time when it is being slaghtered to eat. I have not read quran or meaning of the qlma but I feel that it should mean,

"Allah forgive me for this act which I am committing for my hunger,as it was the last option for me,as I have nothing to eat & I am dieing.

& please take care of the soul of the animal coming to you 'Is it so…?

I have read in some post here at englishbaby that 'A mouslim is allowed to kill an animal when he has nothing to eat & dieing of hunger'& to eat the flesh is the last option.

But practically it is not so, & flesh is eaten as first choice,Is it not against the spirit of Quran shrief…? 

02:27 AM May 01 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

hekmer

hekmer

Saudi Arabia

OK, I AM SORRY DEVINDERNAGPAL, I REALL HAVE THE MISTAKE FROM THE BEGINING , IT WAS SUPPOSED TO ME NOT COME IN BETWEEN BOTH YOU .

I AM REALLY SORRY, UNCLE . I ALWAYS HAVE LIKE THESE MISTAKES WITH ALL GUYS HERE . I HAVE SO MUCH EVIL IF I HAVE SOME BIT ANGERY, AND THAT IS THE MOST GREATEST WORSE IN THE WORLD. SO, I HAVE THAT WORSE, MORE THAN ANYON IS HERE OR THERE OR ANY WHERE .

لا إله إلا الله ,  وحده لا شريك له , له الملك وله الحمد , وهو على كل شيء قدير . سبحانك اللهم وبحمدك ,  أشهد أن لا إله إلا أنت , أستغفرك ربي وأتوب إليك . ربي اغفرلي ولوالدي ولجميع المسلمين والمسلمات والمؤمنين والمؤمنات الأحياء منهم والأموات … اللهم آمين يا ربنا وخالقنا ورازقنا ومحينا ومميتنا, أسلمنا لك روحنا وسمعنا وبصرنا وكل ما هو عندنا هو لك, وسع سمعك الأصوات كلها فاغفر لي ما سمعت أو رأيت أو علمت ... آمين

02:25 PM May 06 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

Friends,

Can anybody tell me the meaning of Qlma (words recited when animal is being hallaled)

06:08 PM May 08 2008 |

hekmer

hekmer

Saudi Arabia

QLMA OF ALLAH MEANS THE WORD OF ALLAH WHEN WE SAY ( بسم الله ) MEANS IN NAME OF ALLAH .

06:19 PM May 08 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

I want to know the meaning of 'Qlma recited at the time of slaughtering an animal to make food'not of 'qlma word'

12:40 AM May 09 2008 |

Casiol

Casiol

Malaysia

well i don't have much knowledge about it…but that's from what i learned…

basically, to make the animal halal to be eaten, muslims must cut off the  trachea n oesophagus in a single cut…i don't know about that qlma… it's just additional to recite it…

here is what i had learned before :D actually i can't find any link about it in english :D at school we have islamic education subject…n non muslims learn moral subject or even learn about bible literature (if i'm not mistaken – well i don't know much about it) bwhahahahah :D this article or whateva below this was learned in my own language (malay language) so i had a few problems to translate it… (i'm improving my english!!! bwahahahah) hope that u can understand n maybe correct my mistake :D bwhahahaha 

slaughtering animals in islam

slaughter- to kill off an animal by cutting off the trachea n oesophagus by using tools other than teeth,nails,bones or hair… n by only a single cut...which means u can make it dead by only give one cut at its neck… if u raised ur hand at that time n continue to cut it…it's not accepted

slaughter is wajib(a must) for all muslim
animals which did not slaughter first is considered as carcass n not halal (haram) for muslims
slaughter by not following the islam’s conditions/rules is also considered as non halal(haram) to be eaten for muslims

syarat sah
(conditions which make the slaughter to be accepted)

- the person who slaughter the animal must be a muslim/ ahli kitab
 - the intention(niat) to slaughter is only for Allah…not for other people n not for any other than Allah
 - not in ihram hajj or umrah  (or not performing  hajj or umrah at that time)
 - the animal must be halal to be eaten , still alive before slaughtered, died with only one cut, n died because of the  cut at the esophagus n trachea
 - the tool used must be sharp, n must be other than teeth,nails,bones, n hair

amalan sunat
(not necessary to be practiced… if we do it we will get more pahala…)

- say the name of Allah…. eg: Bismillahhirrohmaanirrohim (in the name of Allah), takbir (Allahhu akbar – Allah the almighty),selawat..
 - when we slaughtered the animal, avoid to slaughter it in front of other animals
 - lay the animal on its left side
 - use the sharpest tool
 - not showing the tools (eg. a knife) in front of that animal before that process
 - cut the left n right vein (at the neck) so that the animal died faster

makhruh

- using blunt tools
 - slaughter in front of other animals
 - showing the tools to other animals
 - slaughter at night or in the dark
 - break the parts of the animal (eg: bones) first before being slaughtered

hikmah (advantages)

- to show the respect towards God’s creatures n let them died in good way
 - to let the blood(mostly contained disease) to flow out of the animal body smoothly
 - to obey what had been asked by the God

additional info

- al aqru – slaughter to any parts of the animal that can make the animal died if it can’t be done at the neck..for example…if  a chicken fell into a well…if it died by drowning …the chicken will be considered as carcass n can't be eaten for muslims…  such a waste if we just let it died… so  to make it halal for muslims we must  slaughter it first … if we can't find its neck…so we must cut the other part as long as it will make the chicken die by slaughtering…

- the parts that had been cut before being slaughtered is haram
 - using electric current to make the animal dead is not accepted because it does not cut the oesophagus n trachea
 - animal being slaughtered by woman is makruh
 - liver n limp is in blood category but still halal to be eaten
 - grasshoppers n all fish r considered as carcass (dead animal) but they're still halal to be eaten

type of animal that is haram for muslims to eat

- the animals that were being explained in the Al Quran such as dog n pork
 - amphibians such as frog
 - using sharp teeth to haunt for food such as tiger
 - animals that eat other dead animal body (carcass) such as crows n lizard
 - animals that haunt other animals (its prey) by using sharp claws such as eagle
 - animal that is poisonous or has venom such as snake n centipede

02:57 PM May 09 2008 |

hekmer

hekmer

Saudi Arabia

باسم الله … أو بسم كلمة الله … أو بكلمة الله … ALL OF THEM HAVE THE SAME MEANING IN THE ARABIC LANGUAGE : IN THE NAME OF ALLAHOR IN THE NAME OF WORD OF ALLAHOR IN WORD OF ALLAH .

AND " IN " HERE, MEANS WITH OR BY THIS WORD " ALLAH ", YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THAT " THE ALLAH  THE WORD " AS A WORD INCLOUDED BY ARABIC LANGUAGE DICTIONARY ?

AND ARE YOU HAVE TO BE MORE MERCY FROM THE ALLAH THE MOST MERCIFUL THE MOST GRACIOUS ABOUT THE ANIMALS WHICH HAVE CREATED BY HIM ??.. . !!

03:30 PM May 09 2008 |

monatta

monatta

Saudi Arabia

dear casiol  ,  

great effort  ,  thank you for this long translated text .  very clear and useful . 

dev ,  if you are interested in knowing more about islamic way of slaughterning  read this article  :

Islamic method of Slaughtering animals is better
...scientific reason…

Al Shaddad Bin Aous has quoted this tradition of the Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H.) "God calls for mercy in everything, so be merciful when you kill and when you slaughter, sharpen your blade to relieve its pain".

Many allegations have been made that Islamic slaughter is not humane to animals. However, Professor Schultz and his colleague Dr. Hazim of the Hanover University, Germany, proved through an experiment, using an electroencephalograph (EEG) and electrocardiogram (ECG) that Islamic slaughter is THE humane method of slaughter and captive bolt stunning, practiced by the Western method, causes severe pain to the animal. The results surprised many.

Experimental Details:

1. Several electrodes were surgically implanted at various points of the skull of all animals, touching the surface of thebrain.

2. The animals were allowed to recover for several weeks.

3. Some animals were slaughtered by making a swift, deep incision with a sharp knife on the neck cutting the jugular veins and carotid Arteries of both sides; as also the trachea and esophagusHalal Method.

4. Some animals were stunned using a captive bolt pistol humane slaughter by the western method.

5. During the experiment, EEG and ECG were recorded on all animals to record the condition of the brain and heart during the course of slaughter and stunning.

Results and Discussion:

I – Halal Method

1. The first three seconds from the time of Islamic slaughter as recorded on the EEG did not show any change from the graph before slaughter, thus indicating that the animal did not feel any pain during or immediately after the incision.

2. For the following 3 seconds, the EEG recorded a condition of deep sleep – unconsciousness. This is due to a large quantity of blood gushing out from the body.

3. After the above mentioned 6 seconds, the EEG recorded zero level, showing no feeling of pain at all.

4. As the brain message (EEG) dropped to zero level, the heart was still pounding and the body convulsing vigorously (a reflex action of the spinal cord) driving maximum blood from the body: resulting in hygienic meat for the consumer.

II – Western method by C.B.P. Stunning

1. The animals were apparently unconscious soon after stunning.

2. EEG showed severe pain immediately after stunning.

3. The hearts of the animal stunned by C.B.P. stopped beating earlier as compared to those of the animals slaughtered according to the Halal method resulting in the retention of more blood inthe meat. This in turn is unhygienic for the consumer.

(Many thanks to Muslim Students Organization – University of Miami)

07:16 AM May 10 2008 |

Casiol

Casiol

Malaysia

3. slaughtered by making a swift, deep incision with a sharp knife on the neck cutting the jugular veins and carotid Arteries of both sides; as also the trachea and esophagus

that's what i wanna say Laughing

01:12 PM May 10 2008 |

hekmer

hekmer

Saudi Arabia

MAY ALLAH GIVE AL OF YOU THE VICTORY  ,  MUSLIM GIRLS .

YOU ARE PERVECT  ...

02:34 PM May 10 2008 |