Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

"Forgiveness is the best gift from God"

Maggie_Guo

Maggie_Guo

China

Do you believe it? And can you do it?

07:08 AM May 07 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

sweet10hearts

Philippines

Yes it is a gift from God…its a noble feeling….coz its difficult to forgive someone if he/she has done something wrong with you. You need an extra control of emotion to hate that person so as to give your forgiveness. But if you are broadminded  and you have faith in God….you will accept things that hurt you as a challenge…what is the use of avenging or revenge… when someone for example kill your brother you will kill also that person who did it? It can't get back what has been damaged…there is a saying…" problem can't be solve by doing another problem." 

Its hard…but we can forgive if we like. maybe not that fast…but as time passed you can forgive and forget. 

07:44 AM May 07 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

The more I’m going old the more I can’t forgive people.I didn’t know why exactly.maybe it’s because I’m not wise enough as so called an adult?yes if there’s no forgiveness there’d be another series of world war 1 and 2. : D

09:11 AM May 07 2008 |

aljensen

aljensen

United States

The scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman caught in adultery, and having set her in the center of the court, they said to Him, "Teacher, this woman has been caught in adultery, in the very act. Now in the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women; what then do You say?"

They were saying this, testing Him, so that they might have grounds for accusing Him. But Jesus stooped down and with His finger wrote on the ground. But when they persisted in asking Him, He straightened up, and said to them, "He who is without sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone at her."

When they heard it, they began to go out one by one, beginning with the older ones, and He was left alone, and the woman, where she was, in the center of the court. Straightening up, Jesus said to her, "Woman, where are they? Did no one condemn you?"

She said, "No one, Lord."

And Jesus said, "I do not condemn you, either. Go. From now on sin no more."

03:58 PM May 09 2008 |

Lin etual

Lin etual

Russian Federation

I really respect people who’re able to forgive! I wish i could…

04:07 PM May 09 2008 |

wangdongxue

China

Theoretically, nothing couldn't be forgiven, but in reality it is difficult to practice.

One son forgave a man who killed his mother before the execution.

But how many people could forgive Hitler? Will you? Sound a bit extrem?

04:33 PM May 09 2008 |

ponka

ponka

Ukraine

I think that we should forgive, I do try to do it  and it is God who judges us.

07:00 PM May 09 2008 |

royaKh

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

Yes I'm agree with you, but iam not gifted person, saying is easy but most of the time i can see that i am not able to forgive my enemy or people whon hurted me!

07:06 PM May 09 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

I am a very forgiving person, but I don't consider that a gift from any god. 

08:26 PM May 09 2008 |

LearnSmart

Venezuela

Definitively! I totally agree!

And no, I'm not that forgiving. I have to work on that more.

--

Proud Student of Open English 

08:49 PM May 09 2008 |

baby pearl

baby pearl

Egypt

when we have the ability to forgive any one who hurt us we feel we are strong. 

egyptian wrighter said " forgiveness is strengeh that becouse it is sign on the ability of the human in faceing people mistakes as it isnt done"

10:46 PM May 09 2008 |