Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Muslim Police Women

roshandel

roshandel

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

Hijab dose not limit Women

05:43 AM May 18 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

birgül1

Turkey

I like their uniforms,Roshandel.

Monatta,you explain well.thanks.

01:09 AM May 20 2008 |

azizbarcha

azizbarcha

Bahrain

its emazing

01:36 AM May 20 2008 |

Casiol

Casiol

Malaysia

i don't think those police women can run with those clothes (the clothes….not the hijab) lol that's just my opinion

here in my country they wear police uniform with pants

n people think that the hijab for the police women or sports as a normal thing…because in here it depends on the person whether she wants to wear hijab or not (although it's obligatory for muslims)

for sports, yeah there's no different between wearing hijab or not… i did participate in taekwondo competition… n also silat (malay martial art).... nothing wrong with hijab….they "treat" me the same (they kick me the same as others bwhahaahahah)

got a few bruises :p (of course i fought with the same gender…so it's not that serious bwhahaha)

but during practices i have to fight with a man… oh snap!!!  i did tell the coach that i can't fight a man…but he seemed to not taking the religion as a serious matter… so i have to :P n of course i got beaten badly… but that's a tough practice though :D

04:07 PM May 21 2008 |

lilimira

lilimira

Algeria

qkisseberth,

yes there are women who serve in military and my country is an example. they even participated in the war of revolutiom against france and in large numbers while the french women didn't.they were obliged to stand with men against the occupier. but the woman first job is to give birth not to kill. killing is an ugly act either for men or women.and war isn't everyday life.

04:51 PM May 21 2008 |

monatta

monatta

Saudi Arabia

good information you gave us lilimira  .  thank you  .

algerian women should be proud for their participating in the revolution against france  occupation .

is your country which are called ( the country of million martyrs )  or another one ?    

10:43 PM May 22 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

I think it would be great if women had the opportunity to serve in the police forces in Iran. Honestly, I suspect that while there may be some women in the police force, those photos were pretty much just staged. I'd really like to see some video of female cops working a beat or subduing a criminal. 

02:25 AM May 23 2008 |

Jane Doe

Jane Doe

Indonesia

But woman should always stay feminine and man one who have to be courageous to protect her. Sorry you are not convincing enough to change my mind about woman with gun

I dont even think that gun is a "men's stuff"

many women serves in the US Army too and they know how to handle weapons as much as the men. and they are also being sent to combat area.

So, no there's nothing wrong with the pics I think. They are great women who serve their country. It is great because it is not that easy.

especially in Islamic world. 

and your opinion is not justifiable because: who can prove that you can't be feminine though you're able to handle some weapons?

and it is not about protecting themselves whatsoever. they are serving their country.

ask yourself, can you do something like them? like willing to serve your country like that? I don't think so.

ps: see Mon, I tell you I have nothing against Islam and I will defend something if I think it's right.Laughing

I hope you'll get a chance to practice some sports someday! 

09:47 AM May 24 2008 |

monatta

monatta

Saudi Arabia

I know you are honest  ,  and speak always out of your heart  Laughing

and about sports  , yeah

I hope that  ,  I love sports very much , thank you for your good wishes Wink

10:49 AM May 24 2008 |

lilimira

lilimira

Algeria

monatta,

yes it is.

03:53 PM May 24 2008 |

lilimira

lilimira

Algeria

monatta, why don't you practice sport? is it forbiden in saudi arabia?

03:57 PM May 24 2008 |