Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Fate or Will

-xing-

-xing-

Indonesia

Hey guys or girls…

Life is Lonely without a partner.. however, there is a few perspectives related to finding a Life partner..

some people says, it's all about 'Fate'...

some other says, it's all about 'Will'...

Now, pliz give me your opinion, do u believe Fate or do u believe to your own Will in finding a Life partner??

04:44 PM May 29 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

birgül1

Turkey

will of human is already in fate.

08:59 PM May 29 2008 |

aljensen

aljensen

United States

What's if it's just blind chance?

09:03 PM May 29 2008 |

birgül1

Turkey

everything always hits the mark in this universe.

there is no place even like an atom for chance in this universe.if blind,deaf and vagabond chance could act amount of a little atom,this universe would be broken to pieces.

09:20 PM May 29 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Love is a matter of will.I’m such kind of person whom didn’t believe in first sight love.y’know I’d love her because I’ve already known her personality.so without will,I’d believe that I have no chance to know her more and then fall in love with her..

09:36 PM May 29 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

=)

09:48 PM May 29 2008 |

-xing-

-xing-

Indonesia

to birgül1,
wow.. it's really deep..

to mike_gwen, i have the same opinion with yours..

i don't believe in first sight love because all i got is only her physical appearance..is that what we call with Love??

So with will, i will have the curious feeling to know more bout her… even we met just a few weeks or even a few days…

in my opinion, Fate can only set us a meeting..

fate can't decide the person whom we loved..

coz the one who made the decision is in ourself.. that is will..

09:04 AM Jun 02 2008 |

englishlabor

China

Fate and Will,it is hard to say which one is more important. That is fate offering you the opportunities to meet your life partner occasionally.But that is only the opportunity and doesn't mean that you two would of course become the life partner.Then it depend on your will.If you really want to chose him or her to be your life partner then you shall make effort to let your ideal partner know what you think.

02:50 PM Jun 02 2008 |

latin-lover

Italy

I used to live at a distance of 1.500 km (Sicily)  from where I live now (near  Milan).

In 1992 I went here to a private question and I knew in a disco a girl. I was attracted from her becouse she  was very cute. 

Some days later I had to come back and we didn't keep in touch.

Trhee years later I was sent, by my military command here.

I met a girl and I ingagged with her. Suddenly I broke out  with her after nine month and the after day I came across the girl who I was talking before in a supermarket.

Now I've been married with her for ten years, so…

although I'm usually for the "will", in this case I can't be for the same opinion. 

03:19 PM Jun 02 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

Friends,

Everybody is alone here & his aloneness is never finshed even after finding partner,partner is alone, you are alone,it never makes1+1=1,at body level it is always 1+1=2.

but when ego merges it is always 1+1+1+1+1=1,1,1

08:02 PM Jun 02 2008 |

my_high_IQ

my_high_IQ

Azerbaijan

Everybody is alone here & his aloneness is never finshed even after finding partner 

it reminded me 'one hundred years of solitude' by Gabriel Garcia Marces.

as to this topic,i believe in fate but at the same time i think it's in our will to change the fate ( hope its not too confusing)

08:54 PM Jun 02 2008 |