Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Do you think it is proper that he got fired?

天天eating

China

A true story. In this Sichuan earthquake, a middle school teacher ran out from the classroom immediately when the quake happened even left all his students in the classroom.

After the quake, he made comments on his own behaviour in his blog or something like a blog. He wrote:"I will give my life to nobody except my little daughter even the person in the room is my mother when the quake hit."  

At first his commment rose criticism in net and it was recently reported that he got fired because of his behavior and comment.

Do you think he deserve it? Do you think a teacher should put students' safty in the fisr place? Of course I admire and respect those teachers who died for the protection of students life and think they are heros. Heros are just the minority, aren't they?

But whether the teacher who put his/her own safty in the first place should get fired?

07:35 AM May 31 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

White Lys

Viet Nam

No, I don't think that's deserved. If he- that teacher loves his daughter, he must understand the love of his mother. He couldn't say :he left his mother in the room where the quake hit because she didn't his daughter. He should think back. I don't know when he said that, did he think how his mother's sad???. You know, if there's not his mother, he would not exist in this life surely. And of course, his daughter would not also present to open her eyes for enjoying this earth that's very nice. 

I don't understand why he said that. I'm really disappointed when heard that.

08:02 AM May 31 2008 |

aljensen

aljensen

United States

Did he violate school procedure?

I think in these sorts of situations, the teacher is the guardian of the children. Especially if it's in a public school, where the teachers are also civil servants.

Still, it's hard to say. Nobody wants to die. If he had stayed with the children, everyone would have died. He has a responsibility to his own children to stay alive and care for them.

04:10 AM Jun 03 2008 |