Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Hey,I am new fish here ,just like to say hi~

Frozon

Frozon

China

hey,glad to see u, hum..  I am a student, in ChangSha of China,who are still on university and my english skill is not well…

I like to make friends with you,especially who  aslo still be on campus. but even you are not,that's ok. it doesn't matter…

and I am good at the technology about computer,especially at Programming Design… i like swimming,classic music and billiards and so on….

so "hi" last!!

04:03 PM Jun 20 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

javamanju

javamanju

India

Welcome dude, i am not a student but freshly out of campus. i work as a scheduler of java projects in my company.

04:19 PM Jun 20 2008 |

Frozon

Frozon

China

hi , to javamanju, do you from India?????

i even hava a idea about the sofeware industry in India..but as far as i know,many many teacher,in university,all hava a same view that programmer who from India is so good,isn't it?

so we just hava accomplish a simple tradesystem using SWING..

and i prefer to know what situation in your contry about the student and fresh worker, i am so curious!

hi  Ryo23T

04:44 PM Jun 20 2008 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

right now engineers are like hot cakes, they are in great demand. one can expect minimum of 700$ per month salary(it is quite huge in india).
online trading system, is a good project, you should have gone for j2ee i.e,servlet jsp, ejb etc. they are got right now. most projects are now on these. swings as you might observed is not too good and flashy. clients usually prefer microsoft technologies to develop thick client apps.

05:39 PM Jun 20 2008 |

Frozon

Frozon

China

yes, i think so….

maybe there was a wrong begginning… and 700$ per month salary is not huge in some cities in China as a engineer…

but we plan to hava go for j2ee i.e,servlet jsp next steps..and put the datebase system(like sql) on the internet….

i think i can't get "clients usually prefer microsoft techonologies to develop thick client apps"......

what's your means?

we actually design all clients and server by SWINGS

and have a good work-day!!

06:50 AM Jun 21 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

welcome aboard frozon..

enjoy your self on ebaby..

so long..

12:04 PM Jun 21 2008 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

oh! i forgot that you are still in college. CLIENT as in the the organization which is paying money to build an application . starting salary is low as per world standards, but it increases to 5000per month with in 5 year, if every thing goes well that is

05:12 PM Jun 21 2008 |

Frozon

Frozon

China

5000per month is so good in China everywhere as a just a technologist….

so what exactly do in your job?  and i will go to a firm soon~ maybe next term~

05:45 AM Jun 24 2008 |

Frozon

Frozon

China

oh ,  hi mike_qwen

05:46 AM Jun 24 2008 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

I work as a scheduler, Think of it as Project Management. I do estimates (time and money) , metrics etc. I am technically not a programmer. But i do some programming.

06:00 AM Jun 24 2008 |

Frozon

Frozon

China

oh,great..

you must have more experience in project~

and i think you did it when u stil was a student~

01:40 PM Jun 24 2008 |