Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

salarys

NabilaSh

NabilaSh

Syrian Arab Republic

i heard that in some country , there are different between the salary of men and women!! is that right ???Surprised

08:09 PM Jun 22 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

birgül1

Turkey

yes,right in Turkey.but women can find job  which doesnt need many qualifications more easier than men.because bosses prefer women becasue of their lower salary.this can be an advantage for women.but sometimes men and women who do the same job can get different salary.this is unjustic absolutly.

08:40 PM Jun 22 2008 |

NabilaSh

NabilaSh

Syrian Arab Republic

yes hakimi , birgul1, i heard that about France.. i could't believe!!! why?

is that in your country hakimi in Syria we get the same salary in all companys and with the same job..

08:49 PM Jun 22 2008 |

pop272001

pop272001

Indonesia

not at all…Government employee all have same salary, but in private company..a part is same and some different. It's based on policy of each company management !!

01:38 AM Jun 23 2008 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

000000Frown ,in my company women get more pay( only marginal though) beacuse of tax advantages to women Sealed

03:34 AM Jun 23 2008 |

lilimira

lilimira

Algeria

here in algeria we get the same salary but it's not a decent one.neither men nor women can manage the month easily.Cry

but it's true concerning france.it 's a little difference between men and women salaries there. i think it's not fair since they do the same work.it was worser in the middle age centuries.humanity had many shames.

01:54 PM Jun 23 2008 |

NabilaSh

NabilaSh

Syrian Arab Republic

!!!!!!

in Syria the salary in private company depends about your practices of man and woman..

03:20 PM Jun 23 2008 |

Sawdestination

Mexico

In Mexico the salaries are both different for male or female. Usually a man in one position could earn more than a woman in the same job.

And like Lilimira says about Algeria, in Mexico most of the jobs are not well paid and many people has to deal their life with the minimun salary.

11:27 PM Jun 23 2008 |

NabilaSh

NabilaSh

Syrian Arab Republic

in my company we have the same salary for women or men. but not the top salarys .. i made a joke about salarys on internal-Email in my company with a nice group.. but i got an noticing from the bosses, that i shouldn't say anythind about that Sealedand go on to my work.. as i am an gangsterUndecided

my slogan now :just work& work & work

hahaha

12:50 PM Jun 27 2008 |

lilimira

lilimira

Algeria

we led struggles to have a pay rise.we went on strikes this year and they punished  us by not paying us the days of the strikesCry.and it is against the law. so,when we got the rise,everything became too expensive! we are not luckyLaughing

03:00 PM Jun 27 2008 |