Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

About 'salat' or 'Namaaz'

devindernagpal

India

Friends,

I wish to know the prayer which a real muslim do five times a day & want to know meanings too.I have tried here,here people call that prayer 'namaaz',I contacted five muslim men who perorm 'namaaz' five times a day,I asked them meanings but none of them knows it.Is it not necessary to know what are you saying in your prayer ?.I feel we must have knowldge what we are doing & saying!

P.S.:Please do not post long 'cut paste's.

Regards

05:31 PM Jul 02 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

devindernagpal

India

Dear Monatta,

Sorry to trouble all of my friends,but I don't know of which soil I am made of.it's hard for me to live without thinking.I wish I too would have lived like as others but it's not possible for me.I want to try that style of life too.

Ifeel good that it has given you an question to know your feelings.I feel our prayer should not be a mechanical job or duty,I feel WE MUST PUT OUR 'SELF' IN THE PRAYER.We should drop our ego at least during the prayer.& it should not be list of demands or loading our desires upon the almighty.If he can fulfill our desires he must be able to judge what he has to deliver to us.

Thankyou for feeling good .

Most of the times we suggest to God,I don't feel it fair.

02:27 AM Jul 06 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

Respected Hakimi & NabilaSh

Thanks a lot for your very kind suggestions,I hope I shall follow it.

Justic,

I don't know why we can our pray in arabic only,If our feelings put meaning to what we have said.then the words which we are reciting has no meaning.& if we have feelings definietly we have thoughts too,which also decrease the intensity of our prayer.

I feel almighty knows the language of heart more than that the language of words,words become useless,moreover we don't have authority to suggest God.

I feel we should pray in such a egoless way by feeling accepence to what he is doing is good ,by feeling that we are powerless& thank him for giving us an oppurtunity to pray.

02:49 AM Jul 06 2008 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

Dev,
ur words here is right, but friends want for u the optimum and the right.
and know that ALLAH dosen't look to our faces or bodies but he looks to our hearts. and hearts must be pure for HIM, if not deeds will go in vain so hearts first. and if u read u'll get the more.
u know where u can read or u have books for that?..i know books but in arabic very good in what u seek, when i'll find it on net translated i'll tell u.
hope to u happiness in this life and hereafter.
regards
bye

07:04 AM Jul 06 2008 |

NabilaSh

NabilaSh

Syrian Arab Republic

Yes dev, many real religious people don't go musqes. As women because they think they shouldn't go to it as men.. truly I don't go musqe , but I know if I go ,my reward will be more . and when I wont to go but I can't because I have any real reason ,my reward will be more too.. men can go musqe more than women because woman have responsibilities in her house , and it's hard for her to wear her clothing every time of pray to go into musqe..( maybe I am talking about my reasonsTongue out)

By the way , sometimes I  like to pray alone ,cuz I concentrate on my feelings more than in musqe. And Allah ask us to make our heart to be the guideness  even if Mufti guides us. If your heart ask you to pray in home ,do that because you will be comfortable more .. you may will reach your spiritual..

I tried to pray in musqe with people in Ramadan a lot  , it was a new great feelings I felt . this make me feel with great power , I don't feel I am alone .. I share something new with people.. all people put their forelock on the ground only for same direction ( is Allah) . and you feel you are competing them to reach your feelings with God.. I felt by harmony between my spiritual and my realism..

But to learn salaah you should ask someone to teach you – voice & view- ..

If a woman of such a high caliper can't translate it, who will be able to do that? I don't know if you mean somebody here, but she shouldn't know that for the people.. here in Ebaby most of Muslims didn't learn about Islam more, I am the first one who don't learn about islam more.. but when I want to learn I will ask a Mufti.. 

In the end, I think that Salaah is in a heart . but also let our bodies to get its prayer and worship ..it are need that. This will make every cell praise its God with right way..   

09:50 AM Jul 06 2008 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

Nabilash,
"If your heart ask you to pray in home ,do that because you will be
comfortable more
''...
prayers should be at mosque..unless there's something prevent him.
don't measure women cases to men cases.
but at all events, thanks for ur help to him, it is good advise.
i wish he was us on net now
regards

11:14 AM Jul 06 2008 |

lilimira

lilimira

Algeria

dev,

i can't translate it because of lack of time and i have to be accurate.arabic words are deeper than english ones in meaning.so 'i'm afraid i can give the wrong word.we must pray in arabic because we have to recite the quran in our prayer and god's words are in arabic.as you know translations are human's work.they cannot be perfect.but when you know the meaning,you'll feel the words and love them.you'll find them familiar and near your nature.

02:18 PM Jul 06 2008 |

NabilaSh

NabilaSh

Syrian Arab Republic

osesame, thanks for you shareing my idea, i get your opinion..

05:16 PM Jul 06 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

Friends,

I am puzzeld,we recite the words in arabiac language & most of the times without knowing meanings of it & we value our feelings coming to our heart during prayer.

So is it right to say that everyone has his own prayer in terms of feelings & one in terms of language.& further when we don't know an language I feel that we can committ mistakes in words recitation.

I was having the feeling that woman is not allowed to pray in musqes because I never saw women entering musqes in my town,I can understand the prayer in togetherness. 

Regards

01:44 AM Jul 07 2008 |