Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

How would you treat a person who takes advantage of you?

Elendrina

Italy

Most of the persons who are expert in taking advantage of others are deceitful,they use friendly manners in their approach,they try to discover your weakness and when occasion occurs they are fast as lightning  to get the best from you.Personally if I'm convinced that what I've done is out of good motives even though he/she took advantage of me I will ignore completely that person ,but if by taking advantages of me damaged my person I will surely confront her/him and gather strength to quash his original motives.

03:22 PM Jul 03 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

sukya

sukya

China

yes!i quite agree with you!I hate the person who take advantage of others' kindness and misuse it!But if they out of good will ,i think i will try my best to help them!Because we can obtain a sum of happiness from helping others!...LOL…

BEST WISHES

11:19 PM Jul 03 2008 |

Elendrina

Italy

sukya,yes that is the joy of giving unselfishly without underlying motives.Have a good day!

05:40 AM Jul 04 2008 |

pink_pastel

Philippines

if we're like good friends, probably she/he won't hear a word from me, i'm gonna be a bit cold and distant. i hate it when they do that.

06:29 AM Jul 04 2008 |

Shield

United States

It depends. If a good friend takes advantage of me in a lapse of ethics, I'll generally be willing to forgive them if they later apologize and seem sincere. If it's someone I don't particularly care about I'll just break off all contact and forget they exist.

07:57 AM Jul 04 2008 |

marcular

marcular

China

I hate someone take advantage of others' kindness. If I knew that,I will keep away from that person. however,there are many people of this kind in the world. what we should do is keep our eyes open.

07:58 AM Jul 04 2008 |

Mayankmkm

India

Hi Elendrina,

Your view is absolutely but partially right as I think in the context of physiciological point. A person, he/she, who takes advantage may be lagging behind something or may be they are adolcent/immature or it could be the impact of their environment and that person should be treated tactfuly with affection. It doesn't me that one should satisfy themselves to take advantage of other.

I was in the field of social and cluster development. I incounter with such type of people and I treated them through putting questions one after another and try to bring them to their actual status. Now they are good and act positively. Doing all the things one should have patience and confident.

Have a nice day!

Mayank

07:59 AM Jul 04 2008 |

Elendrina

Italy

Keeping away from these people is the common initial reaction than taking revenge and that is much better than a payback.

12:23 PM Jul 04 2008 |

Mayankmkm

India

Yes Elendrina, you are right. It is easy and convenient solution. But it is hard to handle the persons who are near and dear one. I believe you may be disagree somehow?

Enjoy the day!

12:42 PM Jul 04 2008 |

ophilia

ophilia

China

How will I react? I think it depends. If the behaviour hurt me or other people I guess I will punish him/her sooner or later in a proper way.

But if I get no hurt and he or she benefits from such kind of "take advantage of". Ok . Doesn't matter, I am glad i have helped you indirectly but you must say sorry or at least explain for your behavior to me yourself or I will say byebye for ever.

02:05 PM Jul 04 2008 |

Elendrina

Italy

Our reaction depends on our cultural,religious.social backgrounds.There are those who posses big amount of understanding and extend forgiveness easily and others react abruptly and end the relationship immediately.But I'm glad that most of the persons who reply here are moderately calm and reasonable enough.Not to forget generous too!!!!

03:44 PM Jul 04 2008 |