Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

bond

lilimira

lilimira

Algeria

Little girl and her father were crossing a bridge.The father was kind of scared so he asked his little daughter ,'sweetheart;please hold my hand so that you don't fall into the river.'

The little girl said,'No ,dad.You hold my hand.''What's the difference?'Asked the puzzled father.

'There's a big difference,'replied the little girl.'If I hold your hand and something happens to me,chances are that  I may let your hand .But if you hold my hand,I know for sure that no matter what happens,you'll never let my hand go.

In any relationship,the essence of trust is not in its bind,but in its bond.

so hold the hand of the persons who like you rather than expecting them to hold yours.

what do you think? 

03:40 PM Jul 16 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

tinhappy

tinhappy

China

i always expect others hold my hands and never think what would happen if i hold their hands and then let them go.there must be someting wrong ,but what's that?

05:31 PM Jul 16 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

Lilimira,

I love your statement,It has great value in relations.The real bonds become out of understanding & respects but not out of bonds.

this statement can be applied in relation to God also,

We should pray God to hold our hand rather than holding his hand.

Regards 

03:04 AM Jul 17 2008 |

fatflower

fatflower

China

it's a good question i think.

in fact,we should hold the hands who we love,and do not expect waiting for the one who love you.

03:35 AM Jul 17 2008 |

lilimira

lilimira

Algeria

hakimi, i think i can never do it.how can we marry someone we don't love.love has to be shared .

dev, i agree.we should love ,understand and respect each others to have bond.

tinhappy, most human's  are so selfish that we  like to have love not to be in love.that's why we wait for people to hold our hands.

10:30 PM Jul 17 2008 |

lilimira

lilimira

Algeria

ok hakimi.i read it and i'll remember it.i'll try to act correctly before it's too late.

11:40 AM Jul 18 2008 |

lilimira

lilimira

Algeria

i don't agree, hakimi.i can't share nothing with whom i don't love and i can't either  bear his/her presence.

love is shared .if you search for real love you'll get it.if you only like to be loved you'll get it too.we get what we search.and love from two parties existed and still exist.i have seen it in real life and i'm seeing it infront of me.it happens to people who understands it and not really frustrate their partener with controll and possession.

What do you think?

07:28 PM Jul 19 2008 |

ahmed20016

ahmed20016

Sudan

That’s Great

08:56 PM Jul 19 2008 |

ahmed20016

ahmed20016

Sudan

That’s Great

08:56 PM Jul 19 2008 |