Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

GOD is a GIRL

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Do you have any idea about God’s gender? I didn’t mean anything with it. It’s just a wild thinking. Ok, guys.

07:31 PM Jul 26 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

NabilaSh

NabilaSh

Syrian Arab Republic

mike,

God IS not a human Undecided

07:54 PM Jul 26 2008 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

according to hindu texts ,God is energy. energy has no form. yet some hindu’s worship mata shakti (i.e. mother energy) the suprem goddess. ie a women.

08:24 PM Jul 26 2008 |

josue14

josue14

Cote D'Ivoire

no  because i isn't a human 

again in the bible when somebody want talk about GOD he say" god said …........ next he uses " he said " then we can tell that god is a man not a girl 

08:51 PM Jul 26 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Nabila,
so God is a thing. For me God is a sensitive thing. Y’know “it” is really an envious thing. It’d punish anybody who embrace other god or idol. I think woman is more sensitive than man on many occasions. So God is a woman (???). I couldn’t tell.

09:13 PM Jul 26 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Josue, I think the main reason for them to use “he” to represent God is to make it easier to address God, not to make it like God’s a male. But I’m not sure exactly.=)

09:29 PM Jul 26 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

The bible has said that God created man just like God’s looking and appearances. So if we look it more carefully, God has two genders at one time or there’re two Gods which being used as the main example of human’s creating, male God and female God. So there’re two possibilities about God’s gender, right?
Or maybe there’s any explanations about that biblical knowledge?

09:48 PM Jul 26 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

I think it's the opposite, Mike.

God was created in Man's image   ;)

01:49 AM Jul 27 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Greg, thanks for a very different kind of answer. I think it’s a very atheistic answer.lol

03:14 AM Jul 27 2008 |

freedom-soul

United Arab Emirates

we don't see god but we believe in him … no one see him so no one know .. and what this stupid question !! i mean how it acrossed to your mind !! just be muslime and believe in Allah … are you so?

03:32 AM Jul 27 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Bethany: God is a woman…
Serendipity: I don't know what the big surprise is – women are the only gender that can create life, just like God created the universe. Who else but a mother could have the infinite patience with impudent children that God has with humanity. A woman can give birth to and nurture both sexes, so psychologists theorize that women are the only gender both sexes can feel completely comfortable with; and the faithful – both male and female – feel at ease with God. In time of trial, our first instinct is to implore the aid of the Almighty, just as when you're a child, the only person who can make it all better is…
Bethany: ...mom. God, it makes sense.

The face of God?

04:47 AM Jul 27 2008 |