Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Why I am a Hindu?

javamanju

javamanju

India

Why I am a hindu…. An Intresting artical The person who wrote it is a well known journalist. Click on the link

http://www.udaypai.in/?cat=34

I am a Hindu  because it professes Non-violence – “Ahimsa Paramo Dharma” – Non violence is the highest duty. I am a Hindu because it doesn’t conditions my mind with any faith system. I am a hindu because I respect and take ideas from books like quran,bible etc. 

05:44 AM Jul 29 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Come on osesame, I think my posts towards Gone aren’t an insult or smthing like that. Y’know I just used sm special language which I assumed that he’d know and understand it the best. I encouraged him to learn by his own way and by his own kind of language. But I think I didn’t succeed, didn’t I?

12:05 AM Aug 04 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Dear sis Monatta, I believe many of us would say this to you, “I miss you a lot”.=)

12:11 AM Aug 04 2008 |

just---girl

Saudi Arabia

Hindu worship cow

so that how u can worship it !!!!!

it id die  ....

you must  worship who created the cow

12:22 AM Aug 04 2008 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

just—-girl : "Hindu worship cow" yes some do. But it is left to the individual to do so. No one forces you to do any thing. According to hinduism too there is only one god, and we call it in diffrent, in most cases each house has god. It is a matter of intention. Why do we love our parents? there are many reason for this. How do we take care of our parents, even that depends on the individual. similarly, there are multiple ways to be closer to god.

Hi birgul ,  Cool when do we start discussing about evolution again???

Dev :  i too hate politics but , nuclear deal is very important to us. There are fresh evidences for "cash for vote" incident

03:29 AM Aug 04 2008 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

yea mike, we missed birqul and monnatah much..
just-girl, u words r logic

06:11 AM Aug 04 2008 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

osesame :  hindus believe in "matru devo bahava" ie mother is equvalent to god. "Pitru devo bahava" ie father is equvalent to god

We(most humans) love our mother and respect her. But are we fearful of our mother?  Similarly god is not an emporor or a king who says pray me or you will be punished.God doesn't operate in such a fasion.  God is not something we have to be afraid of, God should be respected and loved, not feared.

06:35 AM Aug 04 2008 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

in ur childhood, didn't u arfead of ur matru or pitru when u have made a wrong doing, ask and wish for forgivness…though u love them?!!!!.....
fear, love , wish….faces for worship ….
fear of commiting sins
love to who give me all this graces and happinies
wish to forgive me all my fool deeds and to be near to him and all my lovers in the hereafter…
salam

07:02 AM Aug 04 2008 |

Prelude94

China

So, Hindu is peaceful in doctrine and practice that does not prohibit followers to absorb other regilious beliefs. It's less likely to create frictions.  

09:16 AM Aug 04 2008 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

I was never afraid of my parents. Wht would any one be afraid of our parents? I was afraid of doing wrong things because it will sadden my parents because i love them, But yes I was afraids of teachers because of their sticks. God is not a stick wealding person

prelude94:  You have pretty much said it all.

09:45 AM Aug 04 2008 |

everything_gone

Australia

ok javamanju i understand that all hindu dont worship rat..so tell me why there are so many division in ur religion..why do u have so many cast…like bramhan are classified as elite hindu and i dont about others those who are refered as low cast hindu…is it the order from your geeta that people who are believer of same faith should be classified into many category..how come u guys divide urself..

03:45 PM Aug 04 2008 |