Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Why I am a Hindu?

javamanju

javamanju

India

Why I am a hindu…. An Intresting artical The person who wrote it is a well known journalist. Click on the link

http://www.udaypai.in/?cat=34

I am a Hindu  because it professes Non-violence – “Ahimsa Paramo Dharma” – Non violence is the highest duty. I am a Hindu because it doesn’t conditions my mind with any faith system. I am a hindu because I respect and take ideas from books like quran,bible etc. 

05:44 AM Jul 29 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

birgül1

Turkey

hi mike,

my connection is stil cut.only for a short time I can use pc.but a.s.a.p my pc is repaired,I want to paste a lot of very,very short commentsSmile.

wow!!!scientist women!!!!gkiss shouldnt see itSmile.

11:08 PM Aug 04 2008 |

birgül1

Turkey

hi Jaw.

hmmmmmm.evolution…

I had better to talk about different subjects apart of evolution because it seems that birgül-evolution,birgül-evolution,birgül-evolution..Smile

hah,I think I found a different a funny subject..listen…

some people on the earth believe that soil,air,water and some radiation can built a clever,emotional,wonderful robot by chance.it means that they believe that a monkey can write human history without mistake by chance in a looooooooooong time….it is really funny,isnt it?Smile

okay,how did you find my new and different subject?Smile

11:50 PM Aug 04 2008 |

sazan pp

sazan pp

Iraq

quran  is the best book.contain nice words  that  make humanbeing to think &use their brain ,search for science ;why human has eyes,ear,& brain?what is the air ?what is sky ?what is human?what is time?what is soul? who dose made the earth ,moon,&sun?these  is made by your god that you make it by stone?iam very happy because iam muslim ,all muslim in the world have one book is quran.quran changes me to the best person.

12:02 AM Aug 05 2008 |

sazan pp

sazan pp

Iraq

iam kurdish people.

12:03 AM Aug 05 2008 |

birgül1

Turkey

hi,Osesame,

I have missed you all,too.

when ı were a child,it was very sweet feeling that when I did a something wrong,I used to go my mother's hug in a sweet fear even if she punished me.you are right.fear of Allah is like that.this feeling is wonderful!

12:06 AM Aug 05 2008 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

everything_gone : thanks for asking this question. Caste is is a "social" evil in the country. Yes vedas are source of caste system. In vedas and Gita, Caste has completly different meaning

"According to the ancient Hindu scriptures, there are four "varnas." The Bhagavad Gita says varnas are decided based on Guna and Karma.(ie the work of the person) Manusmriti and some other shastras mention four varnas: the Brahmins (teachers, scholars and priests), the Kshatriyas (kings and warriors), the Vaishyas (traders), and Shudras (agriculturists, service providers, and some artisan groups). Offspring of different varnas belong to different Jātis. . Passages from scriptures such as Manusmriti indicate that the varna system was originally non-hereditary."

Remember the word "non-hereditary" .

Many European scholars from the colonial era regarded the Manusmriti as the "law book" of the Hindus, and thus concluded that the caste system is a part of Hinduism, an assertion that is rejected by many Hindu scholars, who state that it is an anachronistic social practice, not a religious one.

Fa Hien a Buddhist pilgrim from China visited India around 400 AD. "Only the lot of the Chandals he found unenviable; outcastes by reason of their degrading work as disposers of dead, they were universally shunned… But no other section of the population were notably disadvantaged, no other caste distinctions attracted comment from the Chinese pilgrim, and no oppressive caste 'system' drew forth his surprised censure

Hinduism is a 5000 year old system. Back then just like today a business man's son went on to become a business man, A soilder's son whent on to become a soilder. Today that system no longer applicable. The system came to keep a social order.

Summary:

But over a period of time the system got currupted, just like the noble concept of jihad. The caste is based on the work and not by birth &  All humans are equal

Caste system in other cultures:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caste_system

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caste_system_among_South_Asian_Muslims

04:35 AM Aug 05 2008 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

ooh, java
u ve remind me by ur graded system, i ve read about it from 5 years and i ve seen it as normal according to a human system put not a divine.
but when the Creator put a system He deal with all His creation equal….in Islam that come from 1450 years when human deals with each other as hindu do, classes, in Arab peninsula, Europe and Asia all the earth masters and slaves and Islam come to finish this matter all humans r equal ..
the prophet said" all human r equal like the teeth of the comb"..there is no difference betean arab or not, white or black, rich or poor …the prophet said" Verily, Allah dosen't look to ur faces nor bodies but look at ur hearts"
the diffrence between human according to Allah is their piety and faith…..and He only knows that deffrence

05:26 AM Aug 05 2008 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

welcome birqul,
nice return and nice comment
salam

06:09 AM Aug 05 2008 |

Jane Doe

Jane Doe

Indonesia

Great Article Jav ^^

Love it.

01:32 PM Sep 25 2008 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

@ osesame:

there is no difference between Arab or not, white or black, rich or poor …

Also there is no difference between athiest and a believer.

According to Hindu philosophy, religion is irrelevant.

Again I am telling to all that Hinduism is not a religion, but a way of life.

02:39 PM Sep 25 2008 |