Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Great Start of Olympic Games 2008

latin-lover

Italy

I watched the opening celebration Olympic Games 2008 yesterday and I enjoyed it a lot.

Great show!

I couldn't immage so much mix of traditional past and modern technology.

China is getting more and more important in the world.

My  congratulations to Chinese people (expecially for my friend Maggie Guo Laughing).

06:23 AM Aug 09 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Kadirou24

Algeria

It was so amasing, so creative sometimes i felt that it wasn't true because i was watching it trough tv. Congratulation China you do it.

08:35 AM Aug 09 2008 |

loveOK

loveOK

China

Thanks.

You are friends of Chinese.Yes,I am a Chinese.I am also prond of that we can hold so great opening celebration.At the same time,I am glad that we have so many friends.                                                                    BEST WISHES TO ATHLETES FROM EVERY COUNTRY.WELCOME TO CHINA,FRIENDS

09:33 AM Aug 09 2008 |

Maggie_Guo

Maggie_Guo

China

I'm happy to find so many friends in ebaby like the opening celebration of Beijing Olympic Games.

Many thanks for your attention, especially for my dearest friend Latin-lover from Italy who set up such a great topicSmile!!

Please keep your  attention on us, you will never be disappointed…........

02:53 AM Aug 10 2008 |

lilimira

lilimira

Algeria

it was wonderful !and it's nice to see other cultures.the world should become  more colourful.

01:49 PM Aug 10 2008 |

liang present

China

So proud of my country!! And sincerely thank you, all of friends for your support and nice comments. Olympic is amazing! During this time all we can see is the whole world standing together, fighting for our dream .

Thanks Latin-lover,great topic!!Wink

02:07 PM Aug 10 2008 |

latin-lover

Italy

You don't have to thank me, I only wrote the truthWink..

07:27 PM Aug 10 2008 |

yayais

yayais

Mexico

i agree, was amazing!!. Congratilations to the chinese people  Cool

10:37 PM Aug 10 2008 |

tiffintime

tiffintime

Sri Lanka

It was certainly amazing!

08:04 AM Aug 11 2008 |

worldmikel

worldmikel

United States

The Opening Ceremony was definitely the best show I've ever seen. Technology has come so far. The idea of "Harmony" as the theme throughout is an important one. It would be great if it spreads inside China to solve other problems, which as a country, it is not alone in having.

Harmony inherently requires Freedom. As we witness freedoms being stolen by leaders in the Western world and oppression expanded in places like the Georgian invasion, we know that just putting on a show of "Harmony" for 90,000 rich people in a stadium and on a TV screen for a few billion to see is not enough. Real "Harmony" will only come from the freedom each individual experiences and shares in respect to others. Stealing land (for the "public good"), encroaching on others' borders and killing people with guns or polluted air and water isn't the road to Harmony. Openness, in terms of society, means not just letting others look into the country without restriction, it means allowing its citizens to look out across the world and be informed of ALL that is available; ALL knowledge and ALL News.

As huge as it was, the Great Start to the 17 days of Olympics is but a speck in the big picture. A Great Start to Harmony 24/7, 365… is what is needed now for people in all of the 200+ nations, without borders and without restriction by "authorities".

10:52 AM Aug 11 2008 |