Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Do you believe in horoscope?

latin-lover

Italy

I'm a cancer (tiger for Chinese calendar).

Listening about my day according horoscope news I notice that often they are right.

What about you, do you believe in stars?

04:51 PM Aug 12 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Nasim

Nasim

India

Well one can either agree with it or disagree but the former don't see the cause. Although not supported by science most of the believers in horoscope are literate and informed about science. Still it is queer! I really don't believe in it. If these were true the 9/11 incident would hav never taken place. No people in tsunami would have died and so on. 

But that's my opinion. Of course ppl will still believe in that. To add to it some religions like Islam also don't recognize horoscopes.

06:13 PM Aug 12 2008 |

jean___michel

Brazil

no, but I believe that the stars, the universe can to act on our lives

06:44 PM Aug 12 2008 |

lilimira

lilimira

Algeria

i do not believe in horoscopes and i don't know what i am according to the chinese calender.from nu's description,i want to be a pig.

07:14 PM Aug 12 2008 |

lolyloqui

lolyloqui

Argentina

hi…am snake…Innocenti have just found it….but in the Western am Leo…=D Some thing r true but some others r not…. It was a very good question…just to know a lil from each others…

07:16 PM Aug 12 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

I don't think the stars or planets have any affect on our lives, our personalities, etc. 

03:23 AM Aug 13 2008 |

LQCN

China

just like “do you believe in God?”

04:12 AM Aug 13 2008 |

latin-lover

Italy

I don't know…most of you are suscettible about horoscope and maybe you're right but I feel like if we are conditioned by stars and universe moviment.

About Nasim, I think that horoscope should condion our life relatively. I don't think I won't take an airplane because my horoscope tells me to don't and about the tzunami day I think this kind of things are completely different… 

For lilimira and others who don't know their sign of Chinese calendar:-

07:04 AM Aug 13 2008 |

Cloud_Castle

Lithuania

Thats a good question.. Laughing  well, I always read horoscope but not always believe abaut what is written in it :))  on the other hand, my sign of zodiac is Cancer ( by Chinese – Goat) and theirs discriptions very suits for me… So, I think that sometimes stars says the truth :)

07:26 AM Aug 13 2008 |

lilimira

lilimira

Algeria

thanks latin and nu,i never thought i can be a rabbit,but according to the chinese calender i am.

nu's description for the cancer fits my father as he was born on the 20 of july.

but i think that there are people who are from the same horoscope but have opposite personalities.

i believe the universe has effects on our moods but not on our destiny.i don't think we should care about it,we'll experience everything while we are alive.

06:55 PM Aug 13 2008 |

lilimira

lilimira

Algeria

thanks latin and nu,i never thought i can be a rabbit,but according to the chinese calender i am.

nu's description for the cancer fits my father as he was born on the 20 of july.

but i think that there are people who are from the same horoscope but have opposite personalities.

i believe the universe has effects on our moods but not on our destiny.i don't think we should care about it,we'll experience everything while we are alive.

06:56 PM Aug 13 2008 |