Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Happy Independence day-->India@61

Nasim

Nasim

India

India, The world's second most populous country and the largest republic turns 61 tomorrow, on August 15th. I congratulate all Indians on the independence gained more than half a decade back in August 15, 1947. Vande Mataram.

The nation is now young. 61 year though not a lot in respect to the age of a country is enough to modernize a country, especially one like India which is bountiful with natural resources and manpower – skilled as well as unskilled. But comparing my nation with others just gives me dissatisfaction. Well it might be true that every nation has to cope with its own range of problems but that doesn't mean that even in 61 years we can't progress. Countries that have gained independence much later have got far ahead of us.

India needs a kickstart by re-establishing its democratic system (I call the current system demoncracy as 95% of the members of parliament who control the government are rapists, murderers, thugs and the like, a nation at their hands is not likely to progress) and raising public consciousness towards the unhappy consequences of its ever growing population.

The people of India are no cowards but mentally and psychologically they have been made to feel like so. But you can't continue to fill air in a balloon without eventually bursting it. The people will rise. There'll be a new revolution, a new bapu, a new Subash, a new coutnry and a whole new world.

हम होंगे कामयाब एक दिन
मन में है विश्वास, पूरा है विश्वास
हम होंगे कामयाब एक दिन

हम चलेंगे साथसाथ
डाल हाथों में हाथ
हम चलेंगे साथ
साथ एक दिन
मन में है विश्वास पूरा है विश्वास

होंगी शांति चारो ओर
होंगी शांति चारो ओर एक दिन
मन में है विश्वास पूरा है विश्वास

01:33 PM Aug 14 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

javamanju

javamanju

India

Bharath Mata ki Jai!!!!

India and Indian had a 5000 years of rich history and will continue to do so for 5000 more years.

Albert Einstein said: We owe a lot to the Indians, who taught us how to count, without which no worthwhile scientific discovery could have been made.

Mark Twain said: India is the cradle of the human race, the birthplace of human speech, the mother of history, the grandmother of legend, and the great grand mother of tradition. Our most valuable and most structive materials in the history of man are treasured up in India only.

French scholar Romain Rolland said: If there is one place on the face of the earth where all the dreams of living men have found a home from the very earliest days when man began the dream of existence, it is India.

Hu Shih, former Ambassador of China to USA said: India conquered and dominated China culturally for 20 centuries without ever having to send a single soldier across her border.

Long live India . Vande Mataram 3 cheers for a United Secular Democratic Federal Republic of  India,

Nasimcheers mate and happy indipenedence day, Though i disagree that 95% of the members of parliament are thugs, but many are but not all.. I will put the figure to 40% . People of india have to be empowred and are doing so.

We were born in a country where we had to stand on a long cue to buy a gas cylinder , Wait months for a scooter to arrive, One car for entire area, A near papur country, A non existatnt contry on the world map, only showing our glorious past

Today we live in a new India, A rising India , A future super power in the making. Today, Gas companies call you for gas connections, Many Cars per area. Today It is one of the largest economies, poised to beat the US economy in 20 years and China by 50… From G8 membership to future Security council membership. Today's India is a new India. with more confident people, Confidence to show the world what India really is.

TATA's has made us proud by taking our the british icon Jaguar and Land rover. INfy , Wipro , TCS and other are the corporate face of india

03:39 PM Aug 14 2008 |

Nasim

Nasim

India

Nice reply java. I suppose there are only 3 active Indians up here – U, me and dev.

Well we Indians surely make a mistake. When somebody asks us to tell them something about our nation we sing praise of our rich history and vibrant culture and tradition. But we never relate about our present.

Whatever you said is cent percent true. History might make us proud and give us inspiration. But can't overlook our present and future. It is true that India is progressing – slowly but steadily. But just think- if our system were clean of corruption we could have progressed much faster.

India lags behind in many things. Take for instance our sports performance. India is a part of olympics since 1900 and still the total medal it has got is 15. Till very now India even didn't have a single individual gold. Indian football team is non-existent. Except Paes-Lee-Sania who's there at the tennis front.

Another thing- You mention the achievement of our corporates. Well that might sound impressive, that might help in the inflow of money into India. But sadly the <i>Aam Aadmi</i> gains very little from it.India's progress rate is 2nd in world. It's GDP is high. From outside it would appear our country is progressing very first. But they say "The nicest looking apple is often rotten at the core." What has been the status of developement in rural areas.When are we going to give up our race discrimination policies?

This Independence day it is time to contemplate, not just to rejoice. After saying this much negative I'm still confident one day India will rise to be the world dominating SUPERPOWER. After London and Washington the center of the world politics WILL move to New Delhi. Till then we toil and sing-

Sare jahan se accha 

Hindusitan hamara hamara

05:47 AM Aug 15 2008 |

psyche2008

China

Happy Independence day!

61? oh, Yes! It is not how old you are. It is how young you feel!

Cheers!

06:12 AM Aug 15 2008 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

Nasim, You remind me of myself when i was 17- 18 year

"But just think- if our system were clean of corruption we could have progressed much faster."

This is important for India, Corruption is draging India. Corruption is not just specific to india or indian democracy, there is also rampant Corruption in our large communist neighbor in the north east.

"Another thing- You mention the achievement of our corporates. Well that might sound impressive, that might help in the inflow of money into India. But sadly the Aam Aadmi gains very little from it".

I am also an  Aam Aadmi, I have befitted from the corporates because i work in one.An America like situation(outsourcing) can never happen in india because of  population.

When are we going to give up our race discrimination policies?( and reservation)

61 years and waiting…..........

05:35 PM Aug 15 2008 |

Nasim

Nasim

India

Well I didn’t say that Aam aadmi doesn’t gain anything. I just said very little. But then that is the case with every capitalist in any country. I do like communism, but the communist states like USSR or china have never given respect to communism and have derailed from the original track. Americans outsourced to us because of the cheap production costs. But since the production costs are rising here too Indian giants like TCS are outsourcing the jobs to China and of late to Philippines.
Well if I were a good orator I’d have tried to get into politics and change India’s political system :D

08:52 AM Aug 16 2008 |