Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Prejudice

zanaz

zanaz

Algeria

Some persons react negatively to others on an emotional basis without direct contact or factualmaterial about the others. What causes this react and why people act with prejudice?

04:24 PM Aug 17 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

MaxAguilera

Chile

Sometimes the bias is a distrust toward each other. We feel that our space is invaded and distrust. Especially if different to what we are accustomed to face. It is a difficult barrier to break … But once the break and agree, we realize that it was a stupid prejudice.

07:03 PM Aug 17 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

Friends,

Everyone speaks from his own understanding & maturity,all of us are not matured enough to understand the complexties of life.All of us start from zero understanding & on the way of learning, many phases come but we have to keep watching ourself, so as to find the facts of life.

08:23 PM Aug 17 2008 |

lilimira

lilimira

Algeria

i feel some persons like using attack as  a way to deffend themselves.they see in every new thought or opposite idea an enemy.maturity is earned with time and hard labour and not all people get it.prejudice is sign of our imaturity and living inside close communities help to mantain it.

08:37 PM Aug 17 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Zanaz, I used a lot of my own understanding and mixed it up with my experiences on the field so that I make my own prejudice especially on islam. And just like what lili had said, it’d be better to discuss it with the right person so that I’d get the truth story of it. I think muslems on ebaby have the qualified religious knowledges to discuss any islamic stuff.

09:26 PM Aug 17 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

Mike,

I feel we can understand others only if we are really interested in knowing, we need to be very honest & aware about it.our ego always say feel that I am right & other's are wrong.

As you have used the word 'islamic stuff',I don't feel this word has a matured gesture,'Islam' is not a stuff, it is guide for humanity to live  life.We should have proper gesture if we want to understand some priciple of life.

Our prejudices are the walls we create around us,not to share not allowing any one to enter our heart & not going to enter in some other heart. 

10:30 AM Aug 18 2008 |

zanaz

zanaz

Algeria

I think people hold certain prejudices to protect themselves from admitting inadequacies or problems with themselves.
I think that racism is a form of prejudice, but is there any solutions to avoid prejudice?

04:45 PM Aug 18 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

Yes, solution is there but it is for you only,nobody else can help nayother person,everyone can understand his/her own prejudices.it is very personal & everyone has to do make effort for himself.

05:49 PM Aug 18 2008 |