Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

childfree....for and against

my_high_IQ

my_high_IQ

Azerbaijan

Childfree is a term used to describe individuals who neither have nor desire to have children.

Just as a range of motivations exist for choosing to have children, a number of factors are cited for the choice to remain childfree:lack of desire for children,personal environment and advancement,overpopulations,health concerns and so on…

so,what is your opinion about these people who don't whant to  have children ever?

08:26 PM Aug 24 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

pop272001

pop272001

Indonesia

I just wanna know what if I was in their position (who don't wanna have a child). while many people wanna it hopefully and do anything to get a child..why some people refuse to have it..??

But, I ' m sure that someday they will realize what the children are for their future life. 

04:01 AM Aug 25 2008 |

my_high_IQ

my_high_IQ

Azerbaijan

thank you,pop and agnolia for your participating,i agree with both of you.

but what is it? is it a highest level of civilization? or is it demand of the times? is it something we are going to be faced in the future,when childern will be something  inconvenient,preventing people from reaching their aims in life so that they will choose ''childfree'' life?

If you don't want to discuss this topic,just say are you ''for'' or ''against''  such living!!

07:32 PM Aug 25 2008 |

VHMD30

VHMD30

Mexico

Interesting Topic and I never had listened this termin "childfree" so my opinion is simple….If  you decide don´t  have childrens is your decision because every person has his/her own motivations but if you want to have children, you must take care and give them much love, attention, education, advices…..Maybe the easiest thing is to have childrens but the most difficult is to decide not have them

10:48 PM Aug 25 2008 |

Sawdestination

Mexico

If you are confortable being a childfree, it´s ok for me, it´s your choice, you are free to decide what you want to do. In Latin American countries this is not the case (at least not in the case of most of the people, hahahaha!). In my own case, I wouldn´t imagine my future without having children!! I mean, I know that right now I´m not prepared for this level of responsability, but in the near future I would like to be a father of 6 children… hahaha! I´m kidding, only 2.

05:01 PM Aug 26 2008 |

latin-lover

Italy

we are living in a strange world!

Maybe grow them up is very hardnowdays I think that  children are definitely the best thing in our life! I couldn't go on without my children's smiles.They make me happy every day. maybe I'm limitated about but living without children means getting old alone…...

05:21 PM Aug 26 2008 |