Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Domestic violence against women in the West!!

osesame

osesame

Egypt

We must notice that such violence, which goes beyond human limits and dimensions, is not exercised by illiterate people who live in the countryside somewhere, nor in the poorest areas. Conversely, such abuse is practiced by slick men like those who appear in Hollywood who are in some cases well educated having high social status. It is exercised against weak women, regardless how fine they may appear to be … after returning to their homes; they become nothing more than slaves under the effect of lash of humility and violence.

We will limit our talk to domestic violence against women in the west, and we will prove by numbers that the humiliated woman is not the one who lives in Afghanistan and wears her face cover. We will illustrate that such woman is not the one from the Arabian Peninsula, who is in fact well protected and honored in a community that calls for her respect. Real degrade and vulgarity is that which makes a woman cheap merchandise just like any other tradable good, and made her subject to attacks and all types of oppression and inequity.

01:36 PM Aug 27 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Sugar_Pie

Sugar_Pie

Sweden

progression…sick mentality?..no i think u exaggerate. My point is that u can't claim that  it occur more violence against women in any special region of the world or a piticular country if u only use statistics as a proof.

And in the west women are most of the time more independent than women from arabic countires. Independence meens they work theirselves, they have their own sallery and they don't need a man to provide for them in the same extent as arabic women. And i believe all of u agree with me when i say that INDEPENDENCE gives u POWER and power makes u less likely to be a TARGET.

PEOPLE PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THIS IS NOT AN INSULT

TO ANYONCE CULTURE!!!

PROGRESSION- When it comes to the chlotes, i respect ur countries customs and belivefs, but also..for me the way i look at it, chlotes are a very importing part of a persons idenity, here in my country Sweden it's one of the human rights, the freedom to dress however u like. Becuse the way u dress reflect ur personality and gives other people an insight about who u are!

shortly FOR ME, THE WAY U DRESS, YOUR CHLOTES AND ACCESSORIES IS A WAY OF EXPRESSING YOURSLELF.

I LIKE TO LOOK AT IT AS A KIND OF ART. AND I CAN ONLY SPEEK FOR MYSELF BUT I WOULD FEEL THAT A PART OF MY IDENTITY AND FREEDOM WOULD BE LOST IF I COULD NOT DESIDE MYSLEF HOW TO DRESS AND WHAT CHLOTES TO WEAR.

08:23 AM Aug 30 2008 |

Sugar_Pie

Sugar_Pie

Sweden

I meen that u shoul be critical towards statistict, becuse u can prove almost everything depend on how u use the facts. And besids..no one knows for sure the estimated number on unknownd cases. Therefore u can not say that u know for sure becuse u can prove ur statement with statistics.

08:55 AM Aug 30 2008 |

Sugar_Pie

Sugar_Pie

Sweden

okay well i havn't read ur article..but get ur point.

and yes i am taking a course in statistics right now^^

09:33 AM Aug 30 2008 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

U R RIGHT RYO…..
GOOD REPLY

03:09 PM Aug 30 2008 |

Jane Doe

Jane Doe

Indonesia

Ryo,mind to rephrase your line again ;)
I would love to understand it better before I reply to this topic :)

thanks btw

10:00 AM Aug 31 2008 |

afrah11

Egypt

Domestic violence against women in every where

10:47 AM Aug 31 2008 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

Domestic violence against women in every where

It trancesnds religon, and region….

04:09 AM Sep 01 2008 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

A western newspaper published an article regarding a couple who had to make a choice between keeping their car or their newborn baby girl as they could not financially afford to keep both. So, they chose to keep the car and handed the baby over to a foster home, when the father was asked about this, he commented: “She might find a family who would take her in for adoption and give her a better life than what we can offer her.” The mother also assured that they made the right choice! Many parents sell their children in the west … What type of family bond do these people have? Where is mercy? Where is the love? Where is the compassion?

05:34 AM Sep 01 2008 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

"What if there is a family like this in egypt?"
it is impossible to happened here…car or child?!!!!!!!...
impossible comparison…...there is no emotion at all!!!!...
words can't bear what i can say….........Frown

12:15 PM Sep 01 2008 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

South Asia ranked lowest

Yes, very true, Violence against women is slightly less in urban areas than rural areas. but still the overall number is high. I wonder how this manace can be over come?

08:44 AM Sep 10 2008 |