Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

What will happen in December 21th. 2012 ? Acording to Mayan Calender, this day is the last day of our planet.

zeus2006

zeus2006Super Member!

Turkey

Let's talk about this situation.What is your opinion about this? You can find more info at this link which is below.

http://www.greatdreams.com/2012.htm

As you know, Mayan civizilation was very high, they calculated very correct a calender which we use now. And they could sight to space in that date. Maya's calender will be finished in Dec. 21th. 2012. But It will not be exactly ending, it will be new starting for rising of human. But we'll live many nature disasters before this date.

11:32 AM Aug 29 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

lilimira

lilimira

Algeria

they had their logic and we have ours nowadays.2012 is near. we'll see if we are still alive. 

12:07 PM Aug 29 2008 |

zeus2006

zeus2006Super Member!

Turkey

Dear Hakimi and Lilimira,

First of all, thanks for your thoughts about this situation.

Who knows, Hakimi. You may be right about that, we can guess many things about that date. Just we'll wait and see.

It is not just their logic, Lilimira.As I wrote they calculated the calender which we use now. It is very important and then they knew all ages of world. Ofcourse, still we can not say anything certainly about this date. 

12:29 PM Aug 29 2008 |

phamtran

phamtran

Viet Nam

WOW, I like it. If so, I will recognise my life is better right now!

02:19 AM Aug 30 2008 |

Aforest

China

Just a tale, i don't believe. Maya said the sunrise of December 22 2012 will never come after sundown of December 21 2012. But the sunrise is always occuring on the world because the earth is round. when west is night east is day. Maya predict the appearing date of car, but before the car was the steam engine invented by watt, actually before watt there had been steam engine. what i want to say is that every great progress in the history is not a turning point that suddenly happened but a duration of a process that improved little by little. so any prediction saying something will happen at sometime is makes no sense for me or for east philosophy about the world.

08:55 AM Aug 30 2008 |

Angorra

Angorra

Russian Federation

Oops… And about the meteorite of 2014 and the Third World War? I  won't get a chance to see them? Cry

09:38 AM Aug 30 2008 |

zeus2006

zeus2006Super Member!

Turkey

Hi Hakimi,

Thanks for that video. Me and my wife liked much. If I had been a presedent of USA , I  would have done many good thing for HUMAN

Dear Arorest,

Actually I don't know whether this is prediction or not like Nostradamus'. Just I know, Maya civizilation's level was very high. And it will not come suddenly, as they told.We will live many nature disasters before, as a its news.

10:12 AM Aug 30 2008 |

linglengzhu

China

I don't belive too

01:38 PM Aug 30 2008 |

Aforest

China

Zeus2006, anyway what you said is reasonable. The snow storm disaster in china in earlier 2008, earthquake in  china in may 2008, and the hurricane in us, and the melting arctic ice etc, what have happened and are happening are the nightmare of human being.

02:19 PM Aug 30 2008 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

It does’t mean dooms day, it just means end of age, similar to a millinium in christian calendar.

03:00 PM Aug 30 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

I know that date is the ending of presidential period of OBama In USA,maybe it will be the starting of destroyed USA

WHOEVER is elected in November of this year will serve until January 20, 2013.

12:43 AM Aug 31 2008 |