Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

what is ramadan,,,?

sousou88

sousou88

Algeria

Ramadan is the Islamic month of fasting. Just like the month of September in a Gregorian Calendar, this is the number nine month of the Hijri calendar.

It begins when Muslims can find the moon for the first time after a few nights. Then, Muslims should not eat or drink once the sun rises. They can only do that once the sun goes down. This usually continues for thirty days, but sometimes twenty-nine days.

It ends with Eid Al-Fitr, the time when Muslims break their fast. There are exceptions to this. Pregnant women, the sick, and children are usually excepted from this rule. Ramadan is a time for Muslims to think about how the poor and homeless suffer without lots of food, it helps Muslims to be more obedient, and less greedy.

11:14 AM Sep 01 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

antiRSI

antiRSI

Turkey

thanks for your explanations 

08:57 PM Sep 01 2008 |

Lini

Lini

Indonesia

good job my friend. I wish Allah will always guide us to become better in life

03:25 AM Sep 02 2008 |

Rahma MD

Rahma MD

Indonesia

Like u said, Ramadhan is fasting month. Every muslim abstains from food and drink from 'sahur' till 'imsak' (sorry, i don't know what it's called in English Tongue out)

Not only that, they also try to restrain his anger and other emotional things …

So, Happy Ramadhan 4 u all brothers and sisters in faith

08:12 AM Sep 02 2008 |

alicexiao85

China

I just  know the muslim don't eat anything  in daytime.

08:54 AM Sep 02 2008 |