Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Me and My Father....

osesame

osesame

Egypt

Me and My Father

When I was 4 Yrs Old : My father is THE BEST

When I was 6 Yrs Old : My father seems to know everyone

When I was 10 Yrs Old :my father is excellent but he is short tempered .

When I was 12 Yrs Old:My father was nice when I was little

When I was 14 Yrs Old: My father started being too sensitive .

When I was 16 Yrs Old :My father can't keep up with modern time .

When I was 18 Yrs Old :My father is getting less tolerant as the days pass by .

When I was 20 Yrs Old :It is too hard to forgive my father, how could my Mum stand him all these years .

When I was 25 Yrs Old :My father seems to be objecting to everything I do .

When I was 30 Yrs Old:
It's very difficult to be in agreement with my father, I wonder if my Grandfather was troubled by my father when he was a youth

When I was 40 Yrs Old :My father brought me up with a lot of discipline, I must do the same .

When I was 45 Yrs Old: I am puzzled, how did my father manage to raise all of us.

When I was 50 Yrs Old :rather difficult to control my kids, how much did my father suffer for the sake of upbringing and protecting us

When I was 55 Yrs Old : My father was far looking and had wide plans for us, he was gentle and outstanding. .

When I became 60 Yrs Old: My father is THE BEST

complete the cycle and return to the starting point Note that it took 56 Yrs to "My father is THE BEST" !

before it's too late and pray to Allah that our own children will treat us Let's be good to our parents even better than the way we treated our parents

The Almighty said in His book Quran:

"Thy Lord hath decreed, that ye worship none save Him, and (that ye show) kindness to parents. If one of them or both of them attain old age with thee, say not "Fie" unto them nor repulse them, but speak unto them a gracious word. (23) And lower unto them the wing of submission through mercy, and say: My Lord! Have mercy on them both as they did care for me when I was little. (24)"

06:55 AM Sep 02 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

tommy_gu

tommy_gu

Germany

what a man need is duty for family and work.

12:20 AM Sep 04 2008 |

Monique Fernandes

Brazil

I love my dad!! I laugh a lot with him, he's always telling me jokes, stupid commentaries, etc… but just to make me laugh!! ^^ Well, this text is really true, but I also still think like this (My father seems to know everyone) hahha everywhere he goes he knows someone, how come? :S

02:43 AM Sep 04 2008 |

nadiaaa

nadiaaa

Pakistan

firstly thnx osesame for this post. yes i relly do love with my parents. and my father is also very kind he always teach and guide me for my life. he also shared his experiences and knowledge. iam very attached with my father may ALLAH give him long life with health.

05:30 AM Sep 04 2008 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

thanks friends for ur posts and i hope Allah forgive us for bad dealing with them and it is a chanse to take their forgivness before it becomes a dream…
Mary, pray for ur father…

05:40 AM Sep 04 2008 |

Aforest

China

A story talks that when the crow bird parents are too old to fly, crow bird children will every day go out to seek food and return home to raise their parents. In china, if only the parents are alive, the children are still boys/girls even these children are 60 years old themselves.
The parents give their children life, rather suffer from hunger and cold themselves than make their children suffer. Before the age of three, child always lives in the bosom of  parent, so in china in ancient times, if  the parents died the children traditionaly should stay at home to commemorate their dead parents for three years in return. Even the national law rule that the official should resign his position to go back home to do his duty for 3 years if their parents died.

05:47 AM Sep 04 2008 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

mary, u can’t go with him coz u r alife…that ’s according to interpretations of dreams…if u go with him that mean u r not alife!!!!....that’s why? he want to see u only…

08:26 AM Sep 04 2008 |

kikam

kikam

Algeria

can i cry,

i do understand what you mean, even in Algeria there are those kinds of limits between fathers and their children in some families, actually it's not about limits but about respect.

the head of the family(ie.the father) is the supreme authority but it depends on the families..

for example: i used to hug my father,  kiss him when he's back from work,  talk to him about all kind of issues but never told him that i had a boyfrienEmbarassed.

this is normal, cause a father can never trust another man who pretends loving his daughter..

i've been engaged two years after my father's death, and i wish if he could see my fiance, talk to him and impose his presence in this relationship.

zeus,

thanks so much for your words, you're so kind and i hope your children will be the same to you..

10:08 AM Sep 04 2008 |

julietchang

China

it looks funny

it has deep meaning

i love your words

my father always works in another city

i miss him very much

thanks osesame

10:49 AM Sep 04 2008 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

thanks Juliet, for ur words
mary, u ‘ll marry and will have kids may compensate for him…amen

12:05 PM Sep 04 2008 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

thanks marry for ur kind comment…and pray for him may Allah have mercy upon him….

09:08 AM Sep 06 2008 |