Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

hi , loving words i loved ,do you have any ?

liuyouth11

China

hi  , my  friends  . i "d  like  to  tell  you  something  about  love .here  are  some sayings of  love  ,the  truth of  love  . now  , i  can  show  you some . let  me  begin  ,  maybe  this  is a  game  ,you  can  tell us  a  old  saying  about  the  truth of  love .or  you  can  tell  me  what  the  opinions  about is!or  tell  me  your  love  story  !i am a  youge man  ,  i  know  it  little  ,so  i should  ask  someone  to  help  me  to  find  what  the real love  is  !

now  , i   show  you  some  love  saying !  i think they  are so good  !

IF  SOMEONE DOESN"T LOVE  YOU  THE  WAY  YOU  WANT  THEM  TO, IT  DOESN"T  MEAN  THEY  DONOT LOVE YOU !

MAYBE GOD WANTS US  TO  MEET A  FEW  WRONG PEOPLE  BEFORE  MEETING  THE  RIGHT  ONE,SO  THAT WHEN WE FINALLY   MEET  THE  RITHT PERSON ,WE  WILL KNOW HOW  TO  BE  GRATEFUL!

now  its  your  turn!

11:24 AM Sep 30 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Rotsen

Rotsen

Venezuela

I like your thought when you say that ‘maybe god wants us to meet a few wrong people before meeting the right one’. It could be to learn about it and possible mistakes that at the end is an apprenticeship more in our life.  I think to love is the best thing in the world when is real and corresponded. It’s mean give without wait nothing to change and share everything together. I admit is really hard find it, although we’re always looking for it constantly, it’s strange ‘cause It arrives for itself when is less hoped. It’s so great the love…! But so uncertain same time!! XD

02:19 PM Sep 30 2008 |

liuyouth11

China

tkanks for  your  nice  regards!

08:24 AM Oct 01 2008 |

Yunie75

Yunie75

France

Hello,

Interesting topic!

I do agree with your statement, liuyouth11: "IF  SOMEONE DOESN"T LOVE  YOU  THE  WAY  YOU  WANT THEM  TO, IT  DOESN"T  MEAN  THEY  DONOT LOVE YOU !"

That's very true. I guess we have a tendency to… how can I say that… to look for our own reactions in the other. We think: "If he/she loved me, he/she would do this and not that!" (because I would do this and not that!). But that's terribly  wrong. Somehow, it's loving yourself through the other, not loving him/her. People have different ways of showing their affection, and you have to learn them without expecting from them the signs you would send yourself. For that I guess you have to give up on "mistrust" and "overprotection of self".

As for the second part… I would only slightly disagree with the "wrong" person thing. In my eye, nobody's wrong. They are all experiences in flesh. Roads in your life. And they will teach you something, all of them. You will also change them. There is something good to be gained in every relationship, in every experience in life. 

To me, when you break up, it simply means you have reached the end of the road you had to walk with this person. It doesn't mean he/she was the wrong one. No. He/she was right for the particular road on wich you were stepping back then. 

Let's just say life is like learning your ABCs. You have to go through A before being able to learn B. And so on :) And each time you learn a new letter, you can form new words, to express yourself with growing preciseness. And growing knowledge, which makes you a slightly different person each time. At stage E you will attract E people. At the end of the E road (breakup), after some time (for you to digest your E), you'll be ready to start over with person F.

Of course, the ABC road comes with its load of disappointement. And those bad traits, too, will help you see the "right" one when he/she finally appears. You will have learnt what you're hoping for in a relationship, and what you don't want, too. And by "the right one" I mean, the one with whom you'll travel (from whom you'll learn, to whom you'll teach) in peace for the longest part of your life (hopefully the rest of your life).

So: through the joys and the pains of "passing" loves, you'll become yourself, and then your "soulmate" will find you. :)

(That was a bit long. Hope I haven't been a bore!) :)

Best,

Yun 

03:16 PM Oct 01 2008 |

ElifN

ElifN

Turkey

"Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it." (Martin Luther King Jr.)

"True love is like ghosts, which everybody talks about and few have seen." (La Rochefoucauld)

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." (Mother Theresa)

"We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly."

"Love is blind, but friendship closes its eyes." 

12:46 AM Oct 12 2008 |

dove1

China

How do you do ?

First i am new ,and my english is so pool than you ,so please 别见怪!

Yours is very good ,can i learn from you the other time ?

hehe ,love is the greatest i think .Although i have no .But i believe ,heihei!

I am in Jiangsu of China .And you ?

02:00 AM Oct 12 2008 |

liuyouth11

China

ok  ,my  friends  ,tkanks  for  your  wonderful regards ,i  enjoy it  so  much.i  hope  more  regards  to  me .could  you like  to  show  me  some  about  your  life ,study  ,work . ok ?

LET  US  GO ON !

08:11 AM Oct 12 2008 |