Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

A T T I T U D E ..... Is it important?

nugroho

nugroho

Indonesia

If: A=1; B=2; C=3 …… Z=26 then

K N O W L E D G E = 11+14+15+23+12+5+4+7+5 = 96%

H A R D W O R K = 8+1+18+4+23+15+18+11 = 98%

A T T I T U D E = 1+20+20+9+20+21+4+5 = 100%

Would you please share your opinion that person with positive attitude will be more success in his/her career rather than person who is hardworker and smart but has negative attitude.

03:06 AM Mar 06 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Risetzu

Risetzu

Mexico

hahahahahaha XD that reminds me an e-mail i read long time ago, and it was about the "new" evil's number: 11

George W. Bush= 11

the flight was the number 11.

the shape of the two towers were a big 11.

the hour of the crashes ( one plus the other) were 11

and another almost 10 coincidences with the number 11, does anyone of you have that e-mail? share it please!!

But… i am completely agree with nugroho, it doesn't matter how hard you work, how much knowledge you own, if u don't have the passion of attitude you may not reach your furthest dreams. I think that Attitude is the one that makes u take advantage of your knowledge and even use all your other abilities in a succesful way.

04:42 PM Mar 06 2007 |

Newcastle

Newcastle

Spain

Mmmm… I’m afraid that this formula doesn’t work with the Spanish alphabet. I mean, after deleting the “ch”, we got to save our dear “ñ”. How if not, we can manage to say: España = Spain, Mañana= tomorrow, Niño= kid and many more …: D Crazy thing! So, we count with 27 letters…JNow, seriously, There is something pretty close to this post…what psychologist call EI, “Emotional intelligence”. I guess you both have heard about it before. This term was popularized by Daniel Goleman from 1995 on, but it wasn’t a new concept at all. It touches on the way how emotions influence in our behaviour and therefore in the results of our actions. So, if we can handle with them, anylising  those things that make our mind go blank , we will control our reactions in a better way and the success probabilities will increase. Here you are, this website, in case you are interested in having a look at : http://www.danielgoleman.info/bio2.htmlPls, keep smiling!!!

10:20 PM Mar 07 2007 |

nugroho

nugroho

Indonesia

You extend this topic to become very interesting.

Like what you said, there are multiple intelligences that we have; which are Mental Intelligence (IQ), Emotional Intelligence (EQ), Physical Intelligence (PQ), and Spiritual Intelligence (SQ). Psychologist divided them into some intelligence:

Mental Intelligence

• Verbal / linguistic intelligence – relates to an aptitude for spoken and written words
  • Logical / mathematical intelligence – demonstrates a strong connection to numbers, logic and abstractions

Physical Intelligence

• Visual / spatial intelligence – shows skills of visual-perception, spatial-judgment and eye-hand coordination
  • Bodily / kinesthetic intelligence – exhibits muscular coordination, learn best by doing
  • Musical / rhythmic intelligence – has been abilities of hearing, singing, pitch identification, and musical appreciation

Emotional Intelligence

• Interpersonal intelligence – interacts effectively with others.
  • Intrapersonal intelligence – shows strength in examining and judging oneself, having insight into one’s nature 

Spiritual Intelligence

• Naturalist intelligence – discriminates among living things and is sensitive to features of the natural world. 

Our educational system adopts only two intelligences – linguistic and mathematical – which are part of mental intelligence. It most frequent, that student whose linguistic and mathematical ability is weak then would be stamped as a stupid student.

Indeed, that person who has an excellent kinesthetic intelligence could be excellent in solving of the very complex mathematic problems, if teacher knows how to teach the kinesthetic student.

12:40 AM Mar 08 2007 |

Newcastle

Newcastle

Spain

So I see, you’ve been a hardworking mate and have done your homework J Wow! Excellent explanation. Let’s see if we can develop this subject step by step because it’s a big one indeed…Luckily we count on internet’s help J.  What do you think of clarifying all these terms to see which ones should be some good measures to take from education system and bring up? Surfing on the net, I’ve found lots of quizzes about EI or EQ. Perhaps, taking any of them we will be able to find out our Emotional Intelligence Quotient, practicing our reading at the same time and finally writing some comments. This site has a good number of them: http://quiz.ivillage.com/health/tests/eqtest2.htm For instance: You just bought a new car and are driving home from the dealership. Out of the corner of your eye you spot a boy running across the road. You swerve to avoid hitting him and ram into a telephone pole, ruining your new car. You would most likely:       oFly into a rage, yelling at the boy.oCheck first that the boy is unharmed, then scold him for not looking both ways before crossing the street.oCalmly assess the damage and record the boy's name and address for a police report.oStew in silence, letting the boy run home.  Take care,Newcastle

10:00 PM Mar 08 2007 |

erwinmak

erwinmak

Philippines

Attitude—-its everything BUT you must also have financial literacy.

11:53 PM Mar 15 2007 |

nugroho

nugroho

Indonesia

You're right Erwinmark,

There is another intellegence that was hidden in my previous post; which is Finance Intelligence. Now, we are in the new era which requires anybody whom desire to be in prosperity life; to have such a financial literacy. We should understand the differentiation between asset and liability; this idea was initiated by Robert T. Kiyosaki.

02:04 AM Mar 16 2007 |