Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Are we really equal ?

devindernagpal

India

Friends,

Most of us if not all of us favour the idea of equality & struggle goes on upon the whole of earth to have equal rights but are we really equal ?

I feel that we are round about equal in physical level or mechanical working system of the body but very different inside, that's why we need discussions & sharings, fights & loves.

What do you feel ? Do we desreve equal rights ? Do we have equal duties ?

What makes us equal & what makes us unequal ? 

06:19 PM Nov 13 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

NabilaSh

NabilaSh

Syrian Arab Republic

for example, why a lot of us like to live in USA? because there are an equal for human in many things ( or maybe democracy) .. when this equal will down, USA will down inside

( that if it's fair outside)

in religion, equal is more important to the governments more than religion to be independent ( & alive)..

11:56 AM Nov 14 2008 |

NabilaSh

NabilaSh

Syrian Arab Republic

how are you dev, we miss u much.. were you busy??Smile

11:59 AM Nov 14 2008 |

lilimira

lilimira

Algeria

very nice topic,dev.

i think that we should have the equality in the basic  human rights.all people should have equal opportunities in the society and all the world.we should have equal duties in front of the society,too.but, everyone has its specifity and what suits someone can't suits another.the right to be free to choose our way and to be different should be preserved.

discussions,fights,strugles,sharing and loves make life more interesting.it's not possible to agree with all humanity and to have peaceful relations with all people.we need just to understand ourselves and the others correctly.

i have a question:are men and women really equal by nature and can do the same work?

12:36 PM Nov 14 2008 |

loveOK

loveOK

China

I think it is a dream that the people on the earth become absolutely equal.There are many millionaires and beggers in the world,Are they equal?

01:48 PM Nov 14 2008 |

CaN I CrY

CaN I CrY

Turkey

1.I didn't choose my mom or dad… Maybe thay are better ot worse than others.. I am luckier than the ppl have worse parents.. But unluckier rhan the ppl who have better parents..

2.I didn't choose my face or gender when i born.. May i would want to be a boy…

3.I didn't choose my level of mind, brain.. So maybe i am luckier becoz i am more intelligent than others.. But maybe i am more stupid.. So i have never feel myself in a equal mode..

4.I didn't choose my religion or nation.. So i have to hear that i was a terrorist always.. I think my religion is the best and right one.. So i am lucky..Becoz my parents taught me some things when i was born and growing up..  But others… ... .. they will never know it.. So they are unluckier than me.

5.We have diffirent countries, salaries, houses, cars, companies, jobs..  But Have you ever thought that what you did to deseve them?

I asked it to me milions of time..And my answer was always same!!

>   '' I did nothing''

There are more ppl freer than me..But other part is not.. They are suffering…

So i haven't decided yet that i am lucky or not.

But i know just a thing >>We are not equal…

04:30 PM Nov 14 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

Friends,

Thanks for for sharing your ideas.I feel that we need to analise our life very deeply.There are people who die hungry & their are people who have wealth for many lives. There was most intelligent people like Einstin shakespeare Words worth & most powerful people like Hitler.History remembers most dangerous, powerful, intelligent, most sophisticated people but masses dies without leaving any mark upon the earth. Why it happens.Was the people got their talent by their efforts or what was in them which made them antique ?

& I feel that talent is blessing of existence or God, so why existence favours some people  leaving behind masses without any special feature ?Why God  or existence is so partial ?

What is the mechanism of existence ?

When existence made different people of different level is it justified to consider them equal ?

Although we favour rights of equality but we want to rise high , we want to be more powerful, we want to be more rich. Don't we feel that if we take a $ it is depriving some one too.

04:34 PM Nov 14 2008 |

NabilaSh

NabilaSh

Syrian Arab Republic

great CaN I CrY,

i think also we are not equal , but Allah Is equal..

04:39 PM Nov 14 2008 |

NabilaSh

NabilaSh

Syrian Arab Republic

dev , how you see God or existence  is so partial? isn't everything done on earth by our doing ??

04:46 PM Nov 14 2008 |

CaN I CrY

CaN I CrY

Turkey

Yes I know Allah's balance is right! And it will make us our real equality one day! :)

in this World, or in another Wolrd :) But i know that one day i will receive my real level in Allah's eyes..

Maybe it will be worse than now.. Maybe will be worse for me.. But i allow all things that owns me..

Good or bad, I have all one..

Now i can't say that i decided everything i have… But one day in other World, I will say that > All of them were chosed by myself..

Stop SibeL.. You are mother of ur doings.. It is time to be weighed for ur doings :)

04:48 PM Nov 14 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

Dear Can I cry,

I always read your name as can't I cry, why I don't know.

I feel that our life is just life & we are lucky or badlucky are just the consolations of mind & game of mind too.

Water flows from hills to sea had there been no difference of level, it would have stopped at a point & got stagnented there. It might be the way of of existence to move the life on.

Every centre of our body has it's gravity & pulls life towards itself by giving motion to life.

Perhapes it might be the way of existence. & balancing is also the quality of life had there been no tendency of balacing there would have been no movement at all.

I feel it is the way of life. 

04:52 PM Nov 14 2008 |