Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Somali Pirates

Nasim

Nasim

India

Somali pirates have been in the limelight recently due to their audacity. Piracy and hijacking is not new in African waters. But recently Somali pirates have shown such audacity that is a bit hard to believe.
Some days ago they had hijacked a ship with tanks. The other day hijacked a oil tanker with 1 million $ of oil. Hijacking smaller cargo ships are very common.
I dont understand why NATO or the international community with other countries are not taking action. This just encourages these bandits.
However the sinking of a pirate ship by INS TABAR of Indian navy four days ago must have dealt a blow to them and teach them to behave.
I’m told such action is the first of its kind in recent times in African waters. It should have come long ago. Defence is better but sometimes aggression is the best defence.

02:18 PM Nov 22 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

spontan

spontan

Germany

yes hakimi what do the warship in the red see?

this question have we German Tax payer also for the warship parade in the red sea and at the horn of Africa we payed till now more then 120 000 000 Euro…

and what are doing our German heroes there on the warship which is full of soldiers and weapon…they just make videos they are not allowed to catch the pirates…is because our law we got after world war 2.

every private security service would done this film job much cheaper…i know why our government do this expensive enduring freedom action under the flag from US…everybody in German say they must be able to catch the pirates…but our government is not interested in the pirates,they want to chance our law…the pirates will help them to change the law so is our military allowed to occupy other countries like they did in world war two.i know nobody speak this out but it is so.i know the first 2 solders who had been allowed to fight in a foreign land,it was the Bosnian war,now we have more then 10000 soldiers in other countries,that is the time spirit.

12:04 PM Nov 28 2008 |

Nasim

Nasim

India

And now a thai company is claiming that the vessel INS Tabar shot at was in fact a tawler of it that was hijacked. It says its fourteen member crew is all missing except one guy who escaped and sent this news now being treated some gulf country.
English warships in the area knew that a thai boat was hijacked and had its photo. But they did not share the information with Indian navy as it is not a member of the group of ships patrolling the area. Indian ships are secluded. Non cooperation doesn’t bode well for the international community.

06:01 PM Nov 28 2008 |

CaN I CrY

CaN I CrY

Turkey

ahaa yess i saw this news too..

in fact i don't like watching Tv so much..but this week i watched it..so had a lot news aroud the World :)

But maybe these pirats are right.. I can't critice anyone for being a terrorist.. :) At first we have to leanr what was the reason for them to be a terrosirt..

There are too much riches in the World.. and also more poor ppl.. When poor ppl do a bad thing, I don't like critise them so much..

Why not? maybe the best way was to be a terrorist or a pirate for them…

06:15 PM Nov 28 2008 |

spontan

spontan

Germany

as sailor i don't like pirates. since ships are sailing exist pirates,they are more then less dangerous,they want items and money,they are criminal on the sea,not terrorists.terrorist are political motivated.

in the literature most pirates like robin hood taking from the rich giving to the poor.put this has changed, the rich engage with money modern weapon and high tech logistic…the poor pirates nowadays are only help the rich man to get richer, the pirate have the risk but the big money get those who made never the hands dirty.pirate have to do with pureness and to fight against them with warships is like with big canon to shoot on little birds.

10:39 PM Nov 28 2008 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

i ve said in the topic of gkiss before about that matter..that israel support those ppl and their no. is 1100 pirates who announce from one side that Punt land in arepublic and isreal supply them with advnced technology to follow ships through satlites and advanced weapons…this information is from the egyption intelligence from many monthes ….so, America can't say a word for israel also the other warships countries…..
and our government, was her duety to take an action from a long time before their matter reach this status but it afread of america & ISRAL to gather UN against Egypt under any allegation as what has happened with iraq under the allegation that Saddam has nukes and realtion with el qaada…then the american intellegance excuesed after that the information were wrong and no Nukes , no relation with Qaada…..(americans the reason to bring el qaada to iraq).....
America befool its ppl easy….also israel drive america easy….. 

06:22 AM Nov 29 2008 |

moowyare

moowyare

Uganda

What your ships do in the somalian water ? you know what, you bastards come to our water to steal our resources and sometimes dump inderstrial weste and then call us pirates. listen if u dont wanna us to kick ur butt, Stay a way from our waters.

@osesame you r wrong, we dont get any support from isreal. we can relly on ourself we dont need second part to help us.

10:16 PM Oct 15 2010 |