Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

U.S. Troops Kill Taliban Commander, Clad in Woman's Clothes

gkisseberth

Germany

cross-dressing is forbidden in many religions, and I presume in Islam, too. I wonder if this will hurt his chances to go to heaven.

U.S. Troops Kill Taliban Commander, Clad in Woman's Clothes

Saturday, November 29, 2008

KABUL, Afghanistan —  U.S.-led coalition troops killed a Taliban commander dressed as a women during a raid in southern Afghanistan, officials said Saturday.

Soldiers killed four Taliban fighters in Friday's operation, including the Taliban commander named Haji Yakub who was dressed as a woman to evade capture, the U.S. military said in a statement.

Yakub directed roadside bomb and suicide attacks against Afghanistan's government and coalition forces in Ghazni province, according to the statement.

Meanwhile, Afghan and coalition forces killed 33 militants when their patrol came under attack in southern Helmand province, a military said. The troops responded to the attack with small-arms fire and air support, it said.

In the Ghazni raid, the U.S. said coalition forces discovered Yakub as they questioned a group of women and children inside a compound. The Taliban commander was dressed in a burqa, a traditional robe that covers the entire body. He was killed when he "attempted to engage the force," the statement said.

12:44 PM Nov 29 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

gkisseberth

Germany

this proving that American troops kill women and kids also

how so?  They killed a man.

(AFTER he attempted to engage them, in other words, after he showed hostile intent)

I would hope they would do the same to a real woman who attacked them.

08:33 PM Nov 29 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

it’s not fascist to kill a woman who is attacking you. 

I know the Taliban does not have female fighters, but if they did, would it be fascist to kill them if they are the enemy?

If a Palestinian kills a female Israeli soldier is he a fascist? 

American troops went to Afganistan not for destroy Al Qaida network but for other goals !

What were the other goals?

where Are Osama ben laden and Taliban groups and their leader then ?

bin Laden might be dead. If not, he’s probably in Pakistan. The Taliban and leaders are in Afghanistan and Pakistan, mostly. At least one was in southern Afghanistan wearing a burqua. But not any more.

09:19 PM Nov 29 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

it's two hours long. how about a brief synopsis???

08:14 PM Dec 02 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

two hours isn't that brief. I started and he's not the most electric speaker either. 

08:45 PM Dec 02 2008 |

kcop

kcop

United States

HAKIMI, WHAT YOU SAY IS SO UNTRUE!! YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!   I SPENT A YEAR IN Afghanistan!!!!!!!!! I HAVE PERSONAL EXPERIANCES!!!! ANY  QUESTIONS ABOUT THE TRUTH NOT WHAT YOU HAVE HEARD!!!!!!

09:02 PM Dec 08 2008 |