Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

About your countries special?

lakswin

lakswin

India

About my India…

1. Tajmahal (one of the worlds wonder)
2. Everest mountain (Highest)
3. Languages of India => http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_of_India
4. India is a peninsula (surrounded by sea 3 sides)
5. Chandrayaan – I, no man satellite launch to moon recently
6. Saint Thiruvalluvar Statue at south end of India – height 133 feet

Friends…could you add more i have missed?

Let our forum know about your countries specials!

Regards Lakshman.R

07:19 PM Nov 29 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

sunay

sunay

Turkey

Can I Cry,

I read in a forum that you are a kurdish girl. As i can see from your profile you live in Turkey. The question isnt a political one. You can write something special about kurdish people which also live in Turkey. In my opinion everbody should have the possibilities to say her/his opinion free. Its fully your right. but do it please without prejudices like "Turkish ppl call me enemy". This is just your thought. I think also that everyone who read your post would ask what you were talking about, because its also their right to know it. 

07:39 PM Dec 01 2008 |

Rony2009

Rony2009

United Kingdom

Cyprus is the mythical birthplace of Aphrodite, Adonis and home to King Cinyras, Teucer and Pygmalion.[12] The earliest confirmed site of human activity is Aetokremnos, situated on the south coast, indicating that hunter-gatherers were active on the island from around 10,000 BC, with settled, village communities dating from 8200 BC. Important remains from this early Neolithic period can be found at Shillourokambos, Kastros, and Khirokitia, where decorated pottery and figurines of stone quite distinct from the cultures of the surrounding mainland survive. The Mycenaean Greeks first reached Cyprus around 1600 BC, with settlements dating from this period scattered all over the island. Another wave of Greek settlement is believed to have taken place in the period 1100-1050 BC, with the island's predominantly Greek character dating from this period. Several Phoenician colonies were founded in the 8th century BC, like Kart-Hadasht ('New Town'), near present day Larnaca and Salamis

The rest abt Cyprus can be found when u click on the below link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyprus 

08:02 PM Dec 01 2008 |

Bezita

Malaysia

yup happy birthday to your country..him22…as football fanatic..i like the way of Romania's footballer..they play so awesome..especially andrin mutu..

08:03 PM Dec 01 2008 |

Bezita

Malaysia

about my country…i think it is not so special compare to other country..however my country is richest with culture and custom..i can tell you more if you come to Malaysia..

08:14 PM Dec 01 2008 |

him22

him22

Romania

thank you guys! it's been a great celebration today..all the people were out in the streets at noon to rise their flags and to celebrate with the loved ones.

Bezita, i like Mutu too..actually, all of us like him. But Hagi was the King for us! And we're happy to have him here near us in Romania! All the Romanians are football fanatics..to sad that our expectations for Euro 2008 were to high and we were disappointed..but maybe in the future we will have the
cup at Bucharest! Greetings!

09:34 PM Dec 01 2008 |

him22

him22

Romania

all the countries have many special things..if only we had the time and the understanding to travel and see all this diversity..

09:35 PM Dec 01 2008 |

lucky0939

Taiwan

About my country- Taiwan

1. my country is small 

2.people here are kind and enthusiastic

3.delicious food like bubble milk tea

4.beautiful landscape like the sunrise of A-Li mountain

5.night markets are very famous

Welcome to Taiwan, i love my country!

03:00 AM Dec 02 2008 |

lucky0939

Taiwan

and happy your country's birthday, him22

hope my wish is not too late ^^

03:24 AM Dec 02 2008 |

CaN I CrY

CaN I CrY

Turkey

Dear Sunay..When i write something (good or bad) ppl get me wronge.. so i don't want to write something :)

05:40 PM Dec 02 2008 |

andy-lau

China

my brother,please note that TaiWan is not a country ,at leat not now.As we all known TaiWan is a part of China.because of  the history problem,there are some mistakes between TaiWan and Mainland,but l believe TaiWan will reture oneday.

02:08 AM Dec 03 2008 |