Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Powerful makes the Rules

devindernagpal

India

Friends,

'Survival of the fittest' is the rule of existence,weak has to die.

& whatever a powerful says becomes the rule.

Power may be physical, mental or of conscious.

If some one ask me what is the power of 'iron rod' I shall say it is it's stiffness & what is the power of grass, I shall say , flexibility is the power of grass.

If someone ask me , what is the power of a flower , I shall say beauty & fragnance is the power of a flower.

In the same way our attitude is our power.

& what ever the powerful says becomes the rule. 

I am not clear too much about the idea what I say,

I just have a thought about it,

I really want to know your views ,what little I have the idea.

Thanks 

01:22 AM Dec 09 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

sunay

sunay

Turkey

Hi again, 

First of all, "survival of the fittest" is a principle in the unconscious nature causing the evolution of species. But human beings can think and override this principle – they should act based on ethics and human rights and not following this principle, that is, they should not kill each other, and those who have enough to eat should share with those who haven't.

"Survival of the fittest" this saying reminds me on human and nature. In that respect there are some medical inventions which help to solve some medical problems. But when I hear that children or youths are killed to take their viscera and sell them to people who have money for it I have a problem with it. There is development aid mainly for countries which suffer from dearth, or other state or civil organisations which render assistance. Such activities taking place nowadays in our world show me that "survival of the fittest" still exists. I agree with your other sentence "In the same way our attitude is our power." My question is just what to do with such a power or for which intention to use this power. Of course, a flower is very beautiful, and so the men describe some women as a beauty. But not each woman comply with this beauty. In that case they can get ill for example with bulimia. I just mean it is true that powerful make rules. But I still hope that the human beings don't imitate such powerful ones which hinder self-determination.

09:38 AM Dec 09 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

Hi Sunay,

I feel that man has not matured yet to become an human yet,it may be possible but still animalness dominates man, that's why world is always at war, or preparing for the war.

If we observe carefully we shall find that power creates truth,what ever powerful want happen & we can't surpass this principle.sometime physical power dominates , sometimes mental or cosmic power dominates.

Self – determination is also a source of power & we recollect all powers of physical, mentall & cosmic power to act according to our determination. The power behind our determination moulds our life. 

01:19 AM Dec 10 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

Smile

02:26 AM Dec 13 2008 |

sunay

sunay

Turkey

Hi Devindernagpal,
Sorry but i cant agree with you. We differ from animal. Just our interests in life are different. I dont think that everyone wants to have power whatever the reason. And i am glad to know that this so is as it is. otherwise there woudnt be societies because everyone would be against everyone. In my opinion the question is how to deal with such a power. A person itself is nothing. The pover is given to him by other people. There is a famous saying which I try to translate: "imagine there is a war but nobody participates"  You can have lots of factories but you dont find any applicant to work for you. In that respect maybe you mention that men arent matured yet. I think that  most of the people dont complain about their life. This is maybe the problem that armed hostilities or whatsever  are  still tolerated.

09:07 AM Dec 13 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

Hi Sunay,

Certainly we are not animals but fallen from the grade of animals, animals are still innoscent & have nothing to hide but we have covered our face with so many personas that we have forgotton our original identity.

Don't you feel the animalistic approach in human ?Human is competing human,human is enemy of human,humanity has become the danger to planet & still we feel that we are not animals.

04:54 PM Dec 13 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

Dear Blink,

I understand your feelings & wish to add that

When we claim that we have a family, we feel that some people are very near & ours.

& automatically we dis own some people,we wish good for our family members at the cost of others & naturally an tussle begins.

& it does not happen just at family level , it happens at language level, region level, religion level, country level, profession level , sex level & numberless level.

But training starts from family ,religion & country level.

Practically our education  prepare us & train us to fight & help us to learn how to kill others without having an tear in our eyes, to learn mthods to deceive others.

I feel that at this moment science has developed so much that if we learn to live togetherness & harmony, this earth is heaven but unfortunately it is not happening & we are creating worst than hell. 

02:08 AM Dec 14 2008 |

webmsj

China

hi, everyone.

your ideas are mature and systemical,looks right. It is Ok. survival is the fittness, I agree. however, I also think human am improving the idea. many powerful and/or rich people become more and more intelligent. you should catch them. the biggest problems are to make the rich help the poor, make the poor rich and enjoy life. they need a period of  time and several era people's efforts, need more people know them.

all for one, one for all.

the way is very very hard.

07:35 AM Dec 15 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

Friends,

Power is not just physiacal, it is mental ,psychlogoical, may be existential,may be scintfic,social or of any kind.but what ever remains at the end is ,that concludes what was powerful.

It is not must that one kind of pwer proves always powerful,sometimes one type of power fails at one point & succed at other, or vice verca.

But what ever wins, is power ful. 

03:50 PM Dec 15 2008 |

sunay

sunay

Turkey

Hi again,
There are so many definitions of power. Also the social scientists are not agreed about. I am trying to catch your understanding of the power. In your opinion power could have different aspects and it makes the rules. I agree with you . But i havent understood yet what your point was to mention about it.  

09:20 AM Dec 16 2008 |

sunay

sunay

Turkey

sorrySmile

09:22 AM Dec 16 2008 |