Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Traditional Tattoos

CaN I CrY

CaN I CrY

Turkey

The tattoos are very popular in teenagers.. But there are some ppl that don't tatto for being popular.. they do it for traditionals..

They are Kurdish old women and men… they make tattoos with themself.and they say it hurts them.. But again choose doing it.

As some ppl know, i am a Kurdish girl too.. i don't have a traditional tattoo.. But I think have one of them on my face or hand…

Let's see these ppl!

''It  will end after 20 years'' is written in that pic..

Becoz Kurdish teenagers don't make them on their body.. Some ppl think these years are end of traditional tattoos..But i don't think same with them :)

But muslim Kurdish don't chose it always..Becoz in Islamic rules, to have a tattoo is a sin. And a person can't pray with a tattoo on her/his body.

But Expecially Christian, Suryani, Yezidi, Armenian Kurdish make tattoos on their body, expecially hands and face.  they don't open their body.But also they wanna show their tattoos to others..Becoz everyone has a mean. a specila meand or symbol for them.. The face n hands are opened. So tattoos are there!

I really have one of them on my face. But i am muslim. So it will be a problem when i pray.. :((( Ughh but maybe these are not sin ! :( Hope so.

My grandma is an Armenian Kurdish and  has one of them..But it is not so big like these pics..

Heyy..That person is reading this post now. If you are a muslim, plss share ur idea with me? Do u think it is a sin in Islamic rules??

03:53 PM Dec 21 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Rikarduhedgehog

Portugal

i dont think its a sin..what's sin on it???

XD

anyway i dont like tattoos somuch

03:57 PM Dec 21 2008 |

CaN I CrY

CaN I CrY

Turkey

:) Hmm Unfortunally it is sin in Islam..

A person should be so clean when pray.. But tattoos are under ur skin..So u aren't enough clean..So Allah never allow ur prays with a tattoo on ur body..

I think it is a bit stupidly.. :P But anway.I am a good muslim :)

04:03 PM Dec 21 2008 |

Rikarduhedgehog

Portugal

so if i was tattooed cant i be a muslim?

pff

04:06 PM Dec 21 2008 |

CaN I CrY

CaN I CrY

Turkey

Noo..U can! :))

But can't pray with a tattoo.. :P But anway..Allah is mercifull..  mabe can allow ur tattoo :P:P

:)

Christian Kurdish do it.. Muslims do it too.. but not too much :P

04:08 PM Dec 21 2008 |

Rikarduhedgehog

Portugal

i'm not tattooed! :D

i dont like tattoos :D

so another Reason for i be 50% Xtian and 50% Mus ;)

04:11 PM Dec 21 2008 |

CaN I CrY

CaN I CrY

Turkey

Haha :) Woaa a super reason to be a good muslim :)

Congrulations :)

04:17 PM Dec 21 2008 |

burcu_ua

burcu_ua

Turkey

having sth under skin should not be thought as dirty..like you,i heard that having tattoos is not ok while praying..but it doesn't make sense to me at all..

do you know the meaning of the tattoos..?maybe i can have one in my hand..:D:D

04:23 PM Dec 21 2008 |

M_honor

M_honor

Lebanon

Hi Can I Cry, I have searched in islamic sites about the accepting of pray if you have a tattoo..and I found that you have to try to remove it but if you can't or you don't have an ability or you affraid harm with removing it you just ask Allah for forgiveness and Allah more marciful than what we think.

"..Despair not of the Mercy of Allâh, verily Allâh forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful"Holy Quran 39 (53)

04:35 PM Dec 21 2008 |

CaN I CrY

CaN I CrY

Turkey

Hmm M.honor thanks for answer. I hope so.. :)

I really wanna have one of them..But not for be popular or something like it.

My wish is not an affectation.. It is really to go on my traditionals..

It is just a culture. :)

__

Sis Burcu..Yeaa :) it really will looks nice. :) Hmm Is there any special mean of tattoo?

:) I couldn't understand ur question very well? :)

04:44 PM Dec 21 2008 |

burcu_ua

burcu_ua

Turkey

ımm i mean any shape can have different meaning..and if you know sth about them,you can show me some shapes and i would decide which one i like most..:D:D

04:54 PM Dec 21 2008 |