Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

doitsu-jin needs help

doitsu-jin

Germany

Good day and greetings, english speaking friends.

Wow… it was hard to find a forum, where I can actually express myself to an audience, which will understand me.

The registration here was not easy either. I even had to analyse the html-sourcecode to get what kind of information the input-boxes requested from me.

Well, I'm here now, luckily.

I'm really a german guy and there's reason why I spend so much energy in search of a communication platform to exchange myself with ppl. from the asiatic

room, especially japan.

I'm a big fan of japan, it's people and the language. Unfortunatly it's very hard to learn, so i only managed to get some basics covered, so far. I can

build a few small sentences, reading would be possible, theoretically. I got all the katakana and hiragana letters here, but I couldn't bring up the

motivation to memorize them yet. If it's of interesst: I'm 24 years old.

I named the reason why I came here already and now I want to explain some things to you, I hope at least some of you read what I write here.

Firstly, I'm very sorry to "misuse" this forum for the whole thing. I can understand, that some of you feel like "Eeeh!? What does this guy want here? Get

lost!", that is why I,

secondly, expect nothing from no one here. I will leave if I'm asked to.

Naturally there are german forums for japan- or asian-related topics. But they are not very friendly and welcoming there. Whoever comes there and asks for

advice, how to finally visit Japan or another Asian country or maybe even wants to live there, gets something like "You will never make it". It seems that

all of them cherrish the idea of migrate to japan too much. The atmossphere is like "damn, this guy is having the same dream than me, I have to turn him

down". Even if you don't believe me, its pretty much like that.

Yes, I confess. I dream about a live in Japan, for several years now, even in my joung age. But about that and other things, anyone can ask me if there is

interest, feel free to do so.

Which leads me to the exact thing why I came here. I would like to know from you, how I get in contact with Japanese People. Do you know another asiatic

forum for such topics? How would you approach the realization of such a dream? Is there maybe even some among you, who would like to get in touch with a

german fellow like me? I have so many questions.

Of course there are platforms in the Internet to connect people. But they are all crap. I certainly do not intend to throw money in the throats of companys

like "something-friendfinder.com" who lure people with the urge to connect with others from all over the world and only let them communicate if you pay. I'd

do that, if there would be any guarantee that all works out as I intend. But there isn't. So I try it my own way, please bear with me.

Here in Germany or even in the whole EU there is an opportunity, called "working holliday", where you can travel, guided through an agency, to japan and

work there for 6 months (I think it were 6..). But as I understand the homepage, they do not provide you with a job, you have to find it for yourself. And,

to be honest, Japan is a pretty remote location from where I are, I don't speak the language.. how should I find a job there from here? I want to speak and

write the language first, but I even don't know how to get that covered. I never saw any "private teachers" or something, only courses on further education

colleges. And I attended two courses, which aren't enough. I can't learn the language when I only can attend to courses with several months pause between

them. As my situation weren't unfortunate enough, you only can propose that working holliday until you are 25 years old, which would be in september, next

year for me. So I don't have much time left to think it all trough. There are exceptions, where you could propose untill you reach the 30, but there is no

guarantee that they would make an exception for me.

So this is basicly what it all is about. I have that dream, which I hold onto and I'm a weary person who do not hold onto much dreams. So I at least want to

try taking a little step towards it. Should I simply abandon it, because there's no chance for me ? I'm a intelligent person and a fast-learner, so I always

thought, if I have a clear goal, a base to stand on, if I am being provided with an evironment to prepare for such a step, even if it's only a journey, that

I could manage it. But right now, everything is being very vague and I don't get a real grip on that dream. But I want to achieve it from the bottom of my

heart. I have so many expectations of living there, that couldn't be met here, so many emotions connected to that idea that I would feel very depressed, if

it turns out that it never would come true. So I'm a bit desperate.

I really hope you don't lough at me for all this, I'm being very earnest with all this.

I am very gratefull for every person who read this far. And I would be even more gratefull for everyone who finds the time and write back to me. A thought,

a hint.. anything would be nice. And feel free to ask questions about anything, if you have any. I gladly answer them.

Thanks for reading so far, I'll watch excitedly what will come out of this.

07:15 AM Dec 31 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Nasim

Nasim

India

First of throw away that pessimistic approach of yours which makes one feel you are begging (no offence). I had such attitude two years ago when I joined ebaby and it only proved to be a hindrance. While I cant give you any help about travelling to Japan I think you had better fish for some good friends in Japan through free networking sites like hi5 or myspace or interpals. Just try to exchange some letters and then ask them for some help. If the other person is nice I am sure you will get some help. And as for learning Japanese, I feel the best source would be getting in touch of the Japanese embassy in Germany.

12:01 PM Dec 31 2008 |

Margaret

Margaret

United Arab Emirates

I think this site will help you to find something at least useful …

http://www.uni.edu/becker/japanese222.html 

By the way don't feel hesitate to ask anything, this site was build for helping people not to fire them… Keep in touch if you need help… 

01:42 PM Dec 31 2008 |